Education: High school graduate or possession of a GED Certificate. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Licensure/Certification: None required. CPR certification preferred; required within 3 months of hire.
Experience: Two years of experience in a related field in the last 3-5 years preferred (medical secretary or receptionist duties).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and check in patients. Admissions process consists of obtaining demographic and insurance information in computer software program.
- Answer phones, direct calls, take messages when applicable.
- Escort families/friends to other areas of the hospital.
- Pre-register and assemble paperwork for patient charts.
- Assemble charts.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and faxes.
- Ability to use computer programs related to the department job functions.
- Order and organize supplies as needed.
- Assist with special projects.
- Present professional, friendly demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Maintain consistent attendance.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Comply with Federal and State laws and regulations, and BHSH’s compliance program, policies and procedures.
- Participate in staff meetings and staff education/development.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Assist in training and teaching personnel as needed.
- Flexibility in hours and working area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with a team to reach departmental and organizational goals.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills and communication skills.
Department: Admissions BHSH
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs