Insights About this Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, sophisticated, and mature Account Director to contribute and drive new business effort for a well-funded technology start-up with a growing global pipeline and a leadership team peerless in its expertise, operating in a nascent, niche marketplace where sales and account expansion are being driven by legal and regulatory requirements.
Solid foundations are already in place with some of the largest global financial institutions and companies in the world under contract and there is accelerating demand. Kharon successfully converts outreach into meetings and appointments with potential customers that require a solution for identifying and managing sanctions-related risk. Thus, the company’s main goal is to bring in capable, successful, and driven sales executives who can quickly understand Kharon’s domain and have demonstrated abilities to quickly learn the nuances of selling into a highly specialized space where an often lengthy and consultative selling cycle involves significant involvement of SMEs, pilots, RFPs, and the like.
You will need to be a hands-on educator, seller, and closer, working on the front lines. In parallel, you will be expected to manage the complexities of Tier 1 banking relationships and deploy supportive department resources where necessary.
An ideal candidate would come from an adjacent sector with experience in either an Information Services or GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) technology market space and have sold to top-level compliance/risk officers in global corporations, financial institutions, and legal/management consulting firms. Additionally, a background working with big data sets and the corresponding analytics tools is a plus.
The selected sales executive will dive headlong into an intensive immersion with both internal SMEs as well as existing customers and prospects to build a knowledge base of the problem and solution space as well as the requirements of the target customer. The sales executive will report to the Global Head of Sales.
Principal Charter for Kharon’s Account Director
- Develop detailed strategic sales plans to demonstrate how to grow business into assigned territories;
- Identify and qualify opportunities, develop and effectively manage the pipeline, and provide accurate forecasts;
- Participate in the development of key target customer segments and provide market feedback into the product roadmap;
- Manage and exceed assigned revenue targets quarterly;
- Identify and communicate effectively with executives or other high-level officials within a customer's organization;
- Collaborate with other sales team members to secure new business; provide input in conjunction with account team on development of marketing plans and programs to maximize goals;
- Ensure adherence to first-in-class standards while representing and amplifying the Kharon brand.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain clear and continuous communication with existing customers and prospects, including relentless pursuit of follow-ups;
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and deliver client/prospect thought leadership, demonstration/presentation tools, and proposals;
- Build rapport with prospects; demonstrate value and benefits to key decision makers and influencers while adeptly handing objections;
- Review and understand Kharon’s extensive customer onboarding process and resources in collaboration with others internally as needed;
- Manage current leads and continuously prospect new customers;
- Develop deep understanding and continuous awareness of Kharon’s platform and capabilities, including all features, benefits and scope of services.
Core Competencies (the Must-Haves)
- Success in enterprise software/SaaS sales as a top performing sales executive in a consistent manner of meeting/exceeding goals; functional mastery of enterprise class software (SaaS) solution sales in both startup and established environments desirable;
- Sold into similar global markets: C-Level selling into Financial Services, Fortune 500 corporate, Legal, Consulting or similar where selling complex, long sales cycle solutions involving POCs, RFPs, Pilots, and a process involving SE/SME support (i.e., technical sales);
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, extremely hands-on problem solver and doer as well as delegator with an ambition and passion for achieving and growing the business;
- Ability to grasp hyper-growth environments and communicate complex solutions in a simplified and clear manner.
- Domain Experience, ideally out of one of the following sectors:
- Information Services
- Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC), AML/CFT or similar
Key Personality/Cultural Characteristics
- High Intellectual Bandwidth and curiosity;
- Strategic vs. Coin-Operated: demonstrated ability to develop and articulate high-level strategy, creative thinking and problem solving;
- Great Communicator: Polished, compelling presence, self-confident with proven ability to appeal to all constituencies; honed the art of establishing lasting business relationships by building rapport, showing clear value, and continuously communicating;
- Entrepreneurial, Flexible, and Resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality; not afraid to take risks, make mistakes quickly and course-correct;
- Ethical: Operates with the highest standards of selling ethics and professionalism;
- Analytical: Think critically, collect, analyze, and follow the insights revealed by the data;
- Passionate: Proven high-level strategic, creative-thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
Kharon is a first-of-its-kind research and data analytics firm that provides financial services firms and other multinational institutions worldwide with the most comprehensive resource for understanding and managing sanctions-related risk.
Kharon identifies and maps material connections and associations between specific sanctioned entities and non-sanctioned entities worldwide. And, Kharon is underpinned by its own proprietary technology platform that enables customers to instantly search the Kharon database for these potential connections.
Built by former intelligence professionals from the US Government, Kharon brings a unique offering underpinned by tremendous credibility from the senior leadership team. We have offices in DC, LA, and NY. The European office in London will be established in Q1 2019.
This is a full-time position