Insights About this Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, sophisticated and seasoned Business Development Support Specialist to support initiatives and operations for a well-funded technology and data analytics start-up with a growing global presence and a leadership team peerless in its expertise, operating in a nascent, niche marketplace where sales and account expansion are being driven by legal and regulatory requirements.
Kharon is looking for a driven individual to be responsible for the maintenance and advancement of Kharon's Business Development operations.
The role's primary responsibility will be to support the objectives of the Chief Client Officer, SVP of Global Sales and the Sales team. The individual will develop an in-depth understanding of these objectives, and implement duties and responsibilities to support meeting and exceeding objectives, as set forth below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Chief Client Officer, SVP of Global Sales and Sales team in preparation for meetings, calls, and presentations with clients and potential clients.
- Conduct business intelligence research on companies, industries and geographies, with a focus on financial crime regulatory matters.
- Landscape and identify potential leads and entry points for business development purposes at banks, companies, law firms, professional services firms and other firms.
- Collaborate with Kharon marketing and research teams to support Kharon participation and attendance at industry events and conferences, to include drafting and editing related proprietary material and collateral.
- Provide support on the development of proposals and RFPs.
- Assist Sales team with training and SOPs implementation.
- Support business development meetings, calls and presentations by driving slide decks and taking notes.
- Stay ahead of the curve for opportunities to continuously improve and streamline business development and sales initiatives and operations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- 1+ years of experience supporting business development initiatives and operations
- Experience at high-growth setting preferred
- Keen sense of judgment, initiative, ownership, and follow-through
- Attentive to details and facts
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dedicated, collaborative and team-oriented
- Strong ability to adapt to change and ambiguity
- Acts with credibility, trust and integrity
- Familiarity with Zendesk a plus
Kharon is a first-of-its-kind research and data analytics firm that provides financial services firms and other multinational institutions worldwide with the most comprehensive resource for understanding and managing sanctions-related risk.
Kharon identifies and maps material connections and associations between specific sanctioned entities and non-sanctioned entities worldwide. And, Kharon is underpinned by its own proprietary technology platform that enables customers to instantly search the Kharon database for these potential connections.
Built by former intelligence professionals from the US Government, Kharon brings a unique offering underpinned by tremendous credibility from the senior leadership team. We have offices in DC, LA, NY and London.
This is a full-time position