Kharon is a leading source for analysis on the intersection of international security and the global economy. The world's largest financial institutions and multinationals rely on Kharon's technology platform to identify threats and opportunities in markets impacted by today's most pressing security issues, including WMD proliferation, terror finance, corruption, environmental degradation, forced labor, and political interference.
We are hiring a Marketing + Communications Specialist to help us deliver successful, multifaceted messages and campaigns to our audiences, and to continue to grow those audiences and Kharon’s international profile as a result.
Our head office is located in Los Angeles, CA.
The successful candidate will be driven, intelligent, articulate and energetic as demonstrated by his or her academic and professional credentials. The Marketing + Communications Specialist position requires an individual who can tell a complex story creatively by drawing on a range of marketing techniques, including: copywriting, direct and partnership marketing, social media strategy and management, digital advertising, media relations, live and remote events, and CRM activities. The candidate will develop and refine Kharon’s profile - collaborating across the company - and continue to grow its reach with target audiences and international stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Write and direct compelling copy that will be used to tell the Kharon story across various mediums (website, sales materials, newsletters et al.)
- Edit and proofread copy
- Utilize solid project management skills to coordinate across teams and marketing disciplines, developing the right mix of campaign elements to reinforce and improve marketing results
- Deploy marketing and data analytics to inform campaign focus and strategy
- Develop and coordinate Kharon customer experience / journey
- Lead joint marketing activity with partners on behalf of Kharon, collaborating with them to develop and tailor an appropriate marketing approach
- Work closely with and support Kharon’s Sales team to ensure they have the necessary collateral for clients and prospective clients
- Work closely with and support Kharon’s Research team to promote new research projects, news stories and white papers
- Create and iterate on materials for Kharon stakeholders as required, including quarterly and yearly investor newsletters
- Grow, protect and promote the Kharon brand, including managing and updating collateral / support material, and the Kharon website
- Manage media relations, including distribution of press releases and placed articles
Core Skills & Qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience of in-house or agency marketing and copywriting roles
- Knowledge of marketing industry best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, dedicated, collaborative and team-oriented
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and pay close attention to detail
- Keen sense of judgment, initiative, ownership, and follow-through
- Strong ability to take ownership of projects in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Additional Expertise (Not required)
- Experience in high-growth setting
- Intellectual interest in international security and business issues
- Experience in video editing
This is a full-time position