As the Motion Graphics + Video Production Associate at Kharon, you will have the opportunity to create and bring to life stories about the most important issues impacting global security, commerce, and foreign affairs. Leveraging motion graphic content as a medium to reach and educate new audiences, you will craft visually compelling narratives about cutting-edge investigations, updates, and rollouts of innovative technological products, as well as best-in-class webinars and training programs.
You are an expert in storytelling and creating motion graphics that are both informative and innovative. You are capable of managing a project from initial conception to final delivery, while collaborating across a diverse team of subject matter experts, data scientists and engineers, and experienced practitioners. You will play a key role in driving Kharon’s holistic approach to motion graphics, which will be delivered across our own digital publication, social media channels, a Learning Management System (LMS), and other content-driven platforms.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented. They will be a quick learner and a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
Kharon is a leading provider of research and data analytics covering global security threats that impact commerce and finance. Our clients include first-tier international financial institutions, corporates, and public sector entities. Kharon empowers organizations and practitioners that tackle complex risk management for financial crimes, sanctions, and export controls, as well as business and reputational risk.
Kharon produces world-class content that we deliver through the Kharon Brief (brief.kharon.com), white papers, webinars, and through strategic partnerships with the most influential thought leaders and organizations in the world. Every month, Kharon’s content is consumed by tens of thousands of leading national security, financial, business, and strategic decision-makers.
Our head office is located in Los Angeles, with additional offices located in Washington, New York, London, and Dubai.
- Ideate and create engaging motion graphics (animations, videos, gifs) that will clearly communicate complex narratives, showcase our products, and educate global audiences
- Manage all technical aspects of video production, editing, and delivery
- Maintain a content library of creative assets (footage, photography, logos/logotypes, typefaces)
- Stay up-to-date on the latest motion graphic trends, programs, and techniques
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and implement a visual content strategy across the company
- A strong, diverse motion graphics portfolio demonstrating attention to detail, creative imagination, and advanced conceptual skills
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Maxon Cinema 4D, Avid, Houdini, etc.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts through bespoke visual solutions
- Ability to implement feedback with ease and in a timely manner, and to meet tight deadlines
- Keen sense of judgment, initiative, ownership, and follow-through
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong illustration skills (preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrated interest in current events and foreign affairs (preferred, but not required)
** PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR ONLINE MOTION GRAPHICS PORTFOLIO OR DEMO REEL IN YOUR COVER LETTER *
This is a full-time position