Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an experienced Process Engineer to join our team! This position reports to the Engineering Manager at our plant in Eastlake, OH. The Process Engineer is a key member of engineering team. Experience process/mechanical engineers with foundry experience are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
- Interpret customer specifications relative to establishing internal written NDT specifications.
- Develop the overall metallurgical casting process from gate design to establishing casting parameters
- Assess the physical structure and behavior of metals and metal distribution systems within DS/SX systems.
- Investigate metallurgical failure using root cause analysis.
- Publish reports on research and completed tests using data-based decisions.
- Identify and improve process yields using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover variables in the process.
- Document work procedures and processes.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Identify, evaluate and implement new process technologies that will extend manufacturing and product capabilities.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Improve labor utilization and reduce cost.
List the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
Education: BS in Engineering or other technical field
Experience: Minimum 5 years applicable experience: Metallurgist or Process Engineer in the DS/SX investment casting industry. Increasing levels of responsibility. Proven problem-solving skills.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of DS/SX casting process, shell parameters and metallurgical impact. Working knowledge of solidification modeling. Knowledge and application of DS/SX starter design and proven improvement in DS/SX yields and product quality. Able to interpret customer drawings and navigate models i.e. NX6 (or higher), Solid works. Good written communication skills to develop CPP processing and work instructions. Good verbal communication skills and can feel at easy communicating with customer engineering groups. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent documentation skills. Assertive. Risk taker.
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (super alloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs