- Organizes materials, tools, measuring devices, etc., necessary to complete assigned jobs and checks all documentation (travelers, special instructions, etc.,) which is available.
- Performs visual inspection of castings using bore scope and fiber optic, as necessary, to check for broken cores, shrinkage, incomplete welds, cracks, pits, and other surface defects.
- Verifies dimensions of castings using gauges, micrometers, veneers, snap calipers, ultrasonic thickness gauges, etc., to help ensure compliance with prescribed customer specifications.
- Performs “hot inspection” responsibilities for designated castings by expediting such castings throughout the production process performing inspection duties, as quickly as possible, and by performing production-related duties including rapping, pulling wires, sawing, benching, etc.
- Uses hand grinders and other tools and equipment to make minor repairs and correct minor defects.
- Initiates NMR’s (Nonconforming Material Report) to help ensure defective castings are routed to the proper department for repair.
- Maintains accurate records and files of inspection results in a manner that provides for easy access.
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Ability to work overtime (daily and weekends)
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- HS/GED Required
- Computer skills - Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel a must
- Data Entry a must
- Working knowledge of V-DMIS, CALYPSO and CMM Manager software.
- Experience in casting process or relative field a plus
- Ability to read a blue print in order to determine and measure features and tolerances is a must
- Knowledge of AS 9100 requirements is a plus
- Bilingual –English/Spanish is a Plus
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs