Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for a qualified Layout Inspector to join our team. This is a 1st shift position (5:00am -1:30pm) at our plant in Bloomington, MN. The Layout Inspector will operate precision measuring equipment to dimensionally inspect standard and complex castings, fixtures, and core assemblies following blueprint specifications.
This is a great opportunity to join a growth-oriented company that has been in business for over 100 years! CPP offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes a bonus program that is paid quarterly, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
- Perform casting layouts by using CMM, Portable CMM, Laser Scanner and White Light equipment utilizing Digital Analysis Software and manual measurement tools
- Scribe lines on castings and verify feature positions and shapes using precision measuring equipment to determine if existing dimensions meet blueprint specifications
- Complete dimensional discrepancy reports, layout reports, engineering lists, customer forms, etc. and reviews with Engineers, Department Supervisors or Pattern Making personnel
- Analyze castings of all complexities to determine the process for checking blueprint dimensions
- Performs Target, Machining, Inspection or Core Assembly Fixture dimensional inspections using height gages, precision hand gages, dial indicators or computerized coordinate measuring machines to verify dimensional accuracy to casting drawing
- Write and update work instructions to support production inspection requirements
- Provide thorough feedback to manufacturing and engineering on special interest findings
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Vocational or Technical school in areas such as drafting, pattern making, die making, etc. with additional emphasis on inspection preferred
- 1 year previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience working with CMM, Portable CMM, CT Scanning, Laser Scanning Polyworks or Geomagic software preferred
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs