Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an experienced Sand Casting Process Engineer to join our team! This position reports to the Engineering Manager at our plant in Pomona, CA. The Process Engineer is a key member of engineering team. Experience process/mechanical engineers with foundry experience are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
- Review, input to, and approve pattern design to ensure dimensional control in accordance with drawing requirements will be consistently met at the most efficient rate of manufacture.
- Review, input to, and approve design of target, core setting and inspection fixtures.
- Design gating system; specify chill size and placement, mold washes, core materials, and core venting to achieve metallurgical requirements of casting.
- Provide assistance to Cost Estimating Department in the design of tooling and processes to provide castings which meet customer specifications, at competitive prices.
- Manage and coordinate technical input from foundry, pattern shop and tool design into the preproduction qualification process and PTSA casting production.
- Accountable for meeting committed schedules for both qualification and PTSA deliveries. Analyze any dimensional or metallurgical discrepancies during preproduction and determine specific corrective action for each.
- Support Sales, Customer Service and Quality personnel in interaction with customers regarding technical characteristics of casting design specifications and methods of manufacturing.
- Responsible for the selection and documentation of processes and methods to be used in the manufacture of castings.
- Provide technical support to Production and Process Engineers / Supervisors during the manufacture of castings. Investigate, take corrective action, determine effectiveness of action and document any associated changes for technical problems identified by Hitchcock or customer Quality Control personnel.
- Submit major internal engineering changes to Engineering Manager for approval. Participate in the development of specific rework procedures to salvage nonconforming castings.
- Provide direction for tooling refurbishment, repair, or alteration to pattern shop to produce castings to drawing specifications.
- Communicate with customer Engineering, Quality, and Purchasing personnel in CPP to resolve specific problems and disposition of parts detected by Hitchcock or customer Quality Control. Confer with customer representative on alternate methods or specifications to meet their functional requirements.
- Maintain current awareness of new technology applications to metal casting industry.
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or process engineering
Mechanical and Foundry: experience 3 years
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (super alloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs