Are you inspired by nature, fun and beauty? We invite you to join a friendly and dynamic team providing world class service. As an on-call Banquet House Person at the Cavallo Point Lodge team, you will enjoy a beautiful work environment overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco skyline while earning competitive living wages and benefits.
The ideal candidate is energetic and reliable team player who will assist in the set up, service, and break down of banquet functions, moving equipment, furniture, boxes, food, and any supplies from any given area to where it is needed. Weekend and holidays availability required.
POSITION: On-Call House Person
REPORTS TO: Banquet Operations Manager
JOB SUMMARY: To assist in the set up, service, and break down of banquet functions, moving equipment, furniture, boxes, food, and any supplies from any given area to where it is needed. To assist banquet managers and servers in the service of functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up & breakdown banquet rooms with appropriate tables, chairs, linen, staging, dance floors, boxes, and any other equipment as put forth by the BEO
- Polish and deliver all silver, china, and glassware needed for function as put forth by the BEO
- Do any task needed to set banquet room to the BEO
- Clean up, vacuum, and dust Banquet FOH and BOH areas
- Keep all common storage areas clean and organized at all times
- Communicate with banquet manager or captain any issues that would prevent perfect set up according to BEO
- Assist with moving boxes and deliveries.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Organized, efficient and be able to multi task
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to read and interpret common BEOs
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to speak English and Spanish is preferable
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point Lodge is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito. The Lodge offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, healing arts center and spa, cooking school and meeting facilities. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, Cavallo Point Lodge was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.
This is a non-management position
This is an on call position