Reporting into the Strategic Accounts segment, the Lead Engineer is responsible for planning and coordinating global engineering activities related to support of Frozen Products platform. This includes planning and execution of tactical and strategic goals and objectives, assistance in development and implementation of corporate and/or organizational policies, as well as guided support of segment’s research and development activities.
In addition, this role supports and promotes innovative concepts and new ideas, as well as plans and facilitates technical and leadership development of the platform engineering team. Within the scope of their responsibilities, the Lead Engineer manages direct and matrix-based engineering resources, and frequently interacts and collaborates with senior management, subordinates, functional peer group technical leads, vendors and customers.
- Coordinate all global engineering activities related to support of SA’s Frozen Products platform
- Execute SA segment’s engineering plans, with proper resource allocation and activity prioritization allowing completion of projects on time and within budget
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to designated engineering resources
- Conduct technical research of new/emerging technologies to ensure continued industry leadership position for Cornelius business
- Provide reports on status of programs and projects
- Manage engineering support of internal and external customers located across the globe, with focus on technical issues resolution, VAVE activities, manufacturing and quality open issues, and product engineering
- Collaborate with segment’s global technical and commercial teams, and facilitate project and program management open issues meetings
- Support Operations, Procurement and Quality departments throughout all phases of the NPD process
- Lead machine or subsystem design activities including DFMEAs, critical design reviews and engineering documentation audits
- Develop DV, FPV, and agency test requirements and coordinate test program execution for new and legacy products
- Manage relevant agency requirements reviews and testing (UL, CE, NSF, etc.)
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs