Curis is seeking an experienced Corporate Controller to be responsible for overseeing many of the financial and all of the accounting functions of Curis, including financial planning and budgeting, financial reporting, accounting policies and procedures. This individual will also be responsible for assisting with corporate governance matters.
- Manage all internal accounting functions including financial reporting, general ledger, A/P, A/R and month/quarter/year-end closes;
- Oversee all external financial reporting including Curis’ annual report (10-K), quarterly reports (10-Q’s), Proxy Statement, other reports on form 8-K;
- Oversee annual audit, quarterly review and tax return preparation;
- Oversee project accounting including time-reporting and prepare monthly reports to track trends;
- Oversee accounting function and ensure GAAP compliance; and
- Oversee payroll function and related activities e.g. 401(k) Plan, Flexible Spending Plans, Section 125 accounts and related compliance requirement.
- Provide leadership in overseeing budgeting and forecasting with an eye toward both short-term and long-term projections;
- Review monthly financial results and identify trends that are inconsistent with budget;
- Monitor expenses against budget and identify opportunities for cost savings e.g. travel, office and lab supplies and equipment;
- Identify and initiate process improvements regarding financial policies and systems;
- Provide support to the CEO & CFO in fund raising activities including facilitating investor due diligence and making recommendations for the terms that optimize both the investor and Curis’ position;
- Where appropriate, identify new sources of capital through financing vehicles (e.g. equipment leasing,); and
- Oversee the treasury function.
- Establish and implement internal accounting policies and perform periodic tests of internal controls for purposes of satisfying internal control requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002;
- Assisting CEO and CFO in their evaluations of internal controls for purposes of their attestations and certifications regarding internal controls in Curis’ periodic SEC filings;
- Provide support to the CFO in overseeing the Audit, Compensation and Governance Committees of the Board of Directors; and
- to monitor developments in governance-related legislation to ensure continued “best practice” compliance.
- Administer the stock option and employee stock purchase plans;
- Enhance stock plan software to allow automated calculation and reporting of stock-based compensation expense under FSA 123;
- Oversee Section 16 ownership reporting process, including filings of Forms 3, 4 & 5;
- Oversee risk management program including property and liability, workers compensation, and D&O insurance.
Applying candidates should have a B.S. in Finance/Accounting or Business, with a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience. A CPA is strongly preferred and an MBA would be desirable. This position requires experience in a publicly traded company, as well as experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
This is a full time position