50% commission plus gratuity. Hourly wage if assisting with other DDL functions outside of grooming.
To provide dog grooming services to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Groomer position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be amended to meet changing business needs. The Groomer must:
- Perform basic dog grooming services (including haircuts, brushing, bathing, conditioning, drying, cleaning of ears, anal gland expressions, and trimming of nails)
- Follow pet parent’s instructions or breed standards when styling animals
- Complete all required grooming logs, paperwork, and commission reports
- Provide and maintain personal clippers, blades, and other hand tools required for grooming services (DDL will finance a portion toward tool sharpening)
- Maintain a clean and presentable grooming salon
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- A minimum of two years grooming experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- The flexibility to groom an average of six dogs per day (depending on size), often with last minute additions
- Weekend and holiday availability
- The ability to move animals and merchandise weighing up to fifty pounds
Ideally a successful candidate should have experience working with dogs, should lead by our Purpose & Core Values, inspire others through their professionalism and work integrity, respond creatively to “continuous change,” seek out information when in doubt, and participate in the building and maintaining of a positive and healthy work environment.
We are leaders, delivering peace of mind in a safe environment by caring for every dog as our own.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position