Downtown Dog Lounge is not your average doggie daycare! We are a local woman-owned business that grew from very humble beginnings in 2002. We have a proven track record of over 19+ years of dedicated experience in this field. Our commitment to hiring the best employees to care for our pups and clients is well recognized in the community, as Downtown Dog Lounge was recently awarded as the winner of King 5 Evening Magazine's Best Doggie Daycare in 2021’s Best of Western Washington viewer’s poll. We have many happy pups, many happy clients, and many devoted employees.
At Downtown Dog Lounge (DDL) we provide doggie daycare, boarding, grooming, bathing, training and enrichment for dogs at three (3) locations in the Seattle area: South Lake Union, Elliott, and Ballard. We also have a Dog Bakery in Fremont and a dog-friendly bar with indoor and outdoor dog parks in Ballard called the Dog Yard Bar!
We are serious about our business and take pride in a rapid pace work environment where diversity and teamwork are celebrated. Our purpose? We are leaders, delivering peace of mind in a safe environment by caring for every dog as our own.
Come join Downtown Dog Lounge! We are looking for both Full Time Dog Handlers. If you love dogs this is the job for you.
Our stores are open seven (7) days a week, open all holidays, with crews scheduled shifts in early morning shifts, mid-day shifts, or evening shifts. The starting pay for this position is $17.27 per hour.
Our purpose and values:
- We are industry leaders, delivering PEACE OF MIND in a safe environment by caring for every dog as our own.
- Cultivating the bond between pooches and their people by serving generations of pups for life.
- Respectfully supporting one another with integrity in all that we do.
- Expanding the HEART of our house into the community with love and passion.
Dog Handlers provide direct care for dogs, toward both health and safety. The position is responsible for supervising dogs while in the park.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of general job responsibilities. This list is not all-inclusive and may be amended to meet changing business needs. Dog Handlers:
- Actively oversee a designated dog park in-person to ensure positive and safe dog interactions; mitigate escalating behaviors
- Assist with dog rotations and mealtimes
- Assist with running dogs at check in and check out
- Clean up after dogs and perform other essential cleaning and disinfection tasks
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols
- Provide exceptional customer service, including transparent communication
- Uphold DDL Purpose and Values, communicating clearly, openly, honestly, and kindly
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Experience working professionally with dogs, 1+ years preferred
- No prior experience necessary as we offer on the job training, with the potential for growth within the company.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable working within close proximity to dogs in play park
- Quick reaction time to unpredictable situations
- Comfortable working in a loud environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Comfortable standing for 8 hours at a time
- Able to lift 45 pounds
For Full Time employees we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. The company also provides a very generous contribution each month towards employee premiums.
All employees are offered Paid Time Off and there are several perks and discounts such as grooming services, treats, training, and the best part…bring your dog to work!
If you have a good work ethic, great attitude and the desire to grow... we want to meet you. Come grow with us!
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs