Direct Support Professional - NEW WAGE! Base pay with differential equals $16.
At Emmaus, we believe every individual deserves to live their best life! As a Direct Support Professional (DSP), you will partner with our clients, in their homes, to support them with daily living activities like; cooking, cleaning, personal hygiene, appointments, outings and more! But it doesn't stop in the home, you will also support them in their hobbies and build relationships with them. You will work closely with other team members to implement support plans, and provide training, coaching, and assistance, in all areas of their lives. You will empower our clients to achieve their independence. Come work for Emmaus and see the impact you make each and every day!
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy working as a Caregiver, Home Health Aide, Personal Care Assistant (PCA), CNA or PT/OT Assistant. It is also a great way to gain experience if you are currently a student in a Health or Social services field.
No experience! No Problem! We provide all the PAID training needed to provide the best care.
Shifts: Full time/Part time/PRN – Days/Evenings/Overnights/Weekends/Holidays – We have 4-6 hour shifts, 8 hour shifts, 10 hour shifts & 12 hour shifts to help meet your unique schedule needs.
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent (HISET) or willing and able to obtain within first year of employment OR 5 years of related work experience
- Valid driver’s license & the ability to obtain a Class E (MO), or Class D(IL) within 45 days of employment
- Valid Auto Insurance (Must be current & up to date)
- Personal working vehicle available during your shift
- Willing to work every other weekend & rotating holidays
- As an Essential Worker you are a part of a workforce that will continue to work during a crisis like Covid. Being an essential worker means that you are needed. You may be required to work in times when others may not, like inclement weather or in varying conditions in order to provide the essential services necessary to care for the individuals we support.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Free/low-cost access to near-site Medical Clinics
- Retirement program with company contributions of up to 3% of pay
- Generous paid time off & Paid holidays
- Free life insurance (up to $10,000), mobile phone discounts, free wellness visits, flexible spending accounts, financial wellness tools, and more
*Benefits are based on employee status
Emmaus Homes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time or part time position
Position Schedule: Mostly evening shifts - a few other shifts