Direct Support Professional - NEW WAGE INCREASE - $18/hr. w/path to $20 in first year!
At Emmaus, we believe every individual deserves to live their best life! As a Direct Support Professional (DSP), you will partner with our clients and support them with daily living activities like; cooking, cleaning, personal hygiene, appointments, activities and more! You will support them in their hobbies, potentially introduce your hobbies and build lasting friendships. You will work closely with your leadership team and provide training, coaching, and assistance in all areas of their lives. By empowering our clients to achieve their independence, you are truly doing “work that matters”! Come work for Emmaus and see the impact you make each and every day!
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy working as a CNA, Caregiver, Home Health Aide, or Personal Care Assistant. We offer a defined career growth ladder with opportunities for all with or without a degree.
- Ensure clients are thriving.
- Confirm all Individual Support Plans (ISPs) and Behavioral Support Plans (BSPs) are implemented, and supports are provided as outlined.
- Promote the health and well-being of clients by administering medications per physician orders.
- Report conditions and take appropriate action when a client is at risk of illness or injury.
- Assist clients with emergency and routine medical appointments, including advocating for their health needs.
- Work successfully across CSM team in the most effective and efficient manner possible. Communicate effectively with team members by being timely, courteous, and respectful. Share important information and concerns with coworkers, all client support team members, and leadership to ensure necessary follow-up occurs. Work across CSM team and other locations as directed.
- Assist with training new DSPs on ISPs and/or BSPs, household duties, systems, 45 day checklist, and med passes for certification.
- Ensure all activities and operations are carried out in compliance with regulatory agencies and requirements.
- Maintain timely, accurate and professional records through electronic and manual systems including observation and goal notes by the end of shift, electronic MAR at time of medication administration, monthly safety packet data, financial records, mileage tracking, training acknowledgements, shift duties, and any tracking related to clients’ support needs.
- Assist with scheduling appointments. Attend medical appointments when able.
- Review, complete, and enter all action items noted by Emmaus RN during RN monthlies.
- Ensure adaptive equipment is maintained and all staff are properly trained on usage.
- Complete Safety Packet reports.
- Plan appropriate and meaningful outings for the clients. Confirm outings were attended and seek feedback on experiences.
- Ensure vehicle tracing is reported in the appropriate system. Ensure oil changes, recalls, and routine maintenance is complete. Make sure fleet vehicles are clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent OR completion of 100 hours of training within one year of hire date required.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Experience using MS Office 365 products preferred.
- Valid and current driver’s license required.
- Acceptable driving record, valid car insurance and personal working vehicle available for work.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Willing to work every other weekend & rotating holidays
Aside from doing “work that matters” and offering “career growth” Emmaus has an array of wonderful benefits as well!
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans *
- Free access to near-site Medical Clinics *
- Retirement program with company contributions of up to 3% of pay *
- Free life insurance (up to $10,000)
- 15 days paid time off & 8 Paid holidays per year *
- Rewards and Recognition platform – cash, swag, & gift cards
- Get Paid when you need it – advance yourself pay for hours worked program
- Low interest loans with direct deposit payments *
- Paid training and professional development
- Covid Vaccine not required
* Benefits are based on employee status and/or length of employment
Pay: $18/hr. w/path to $20 in first year!
Shifts: Shifts can vary based on the needs of the individuals we serve. – We strive to be flexible as flexible as possible to support your schedule needs.
Emmaus Homes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Department: Direct Support Professional
This is a non-management position
This is a full time or part time position