Enanta Pharmaceuticals is a research and development-focused biotechnology company that uses its robust chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to create small molecule drugs for viral infections and liver diseases. Enanta’s research and development efforts are currently focused on the following disease targets: non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)/primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and hepatitis B virus (HBV).
Enanta is located in Watertown, MA, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. Enanta has ample free parking and is also accessible via public transportation. Shopping and a variety of restaurants are within walking distance.
We are seeking a full-time scientist to design and synthesize target molecules for in vitro and in vivo studies. Primary responsibilities include understanding the science behind the focused disease areas; design and synthesis of target molecules; interpretation of experimental observation and results; SAR study; literature search and synthetic route selection; scale up samples for in vitro and in vivo study; drafting patent application; and contributing new ideas.
- Sound knowledge in organic chemistry and reaction mechanisms
- Work efficiently and productively in a highly dynamic team environment
- Prioritize the chemistry efforts and good planning to ensure delivery timeline
- Keen experimental observation and good recording
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Working independently
- Effective problem solving skills and results orientated
- Logical thinking
- Team Player/Commitment to Cause – Understands the big picture and manages position’s areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with the Company’s agenda.
- Integrity – Builds trust among colleagues; is accountable; lives up to commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Relates to employees and management in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning – Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth – Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry with postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Strong synthetic organic chemistry background and the ability to carry out diverse chemical reactions on complex heterocyclic molecules and natural products.
- Previous experience in accomplishing projects.
How to Apply
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
Research Summary (if applicable)
We offer a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
For more details, see our Careers page.
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age,
religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
Department: Medicinal Chemistry
This is a full time position