- Design, plan and execute multi-step organic synthesis and purification of high quality target molecules for biological screening.
- Participate in brainstorming and contribute new proposals and ideas.
- Interact with colleagues in biology, pharmacology, and DMPK groups.
- Analyze SAR according to biological, pharmacological and toxicological findings.
- Assist in the planning and management of external research efforts for contract research organizations and collaborations.
- Prioritize the chemistry efforts to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment to meet group and company goals.
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts in process chemistry and CMC groups.
- Assist in the preparation of patents, publications, and project planning.
- Working independently and proactively.
- Result and goal oriented and effective problem solving skills.
- Strong team player.
- Open to suggestions and embraces ideas of others.
- Team Player/Commitment to Cause: Understands the big picture and manages position’s areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with the Company’s agenda.
- Integrity: Builds trust among colleagues; is accountable; lives up to commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Relates to employees and management in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning: Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth: Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
Education, Prior Work Experience, and Specialized Skills and Knowledge
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry with postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry.
- Work efficiently and productively in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Scale-up synthesis or process chemistry experience a plus.
How to Apply
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
Research Summary (if applicable)
Enanta Pharmaceuticals has used its robust, chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to become a leader in the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of viral infections and liver diseases. Two protease inhibitors, paritaprevir and glecaprevir, discovered and developed through Enanta’s collaboration with AbbVie, have now been approved in jurisdictions around the world as part of AbbVie’s direct-acting antiviral (DAA) regimens for the treatment of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, including the U.S. marketed regimens MAVYRET™ (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir) and VIEKIRA PAK® (paritaprevir/ritonavir/ombitasvir/dasabuvir).
Enanta is located in Watertown, MA, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. We offer a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive employee benefits package. For more details, see our Careers page.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
Department: Medicinal Chemistry
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position