Seeking a highly motivated and productive synthetic Organic Chemist to synthesize target molecules for exciting early-stage drug discovery projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, plan and execute multi-step organic synthesis and purification of high-quality target molecules for biological screening.
- Participate in brainstorming and contribute new proposals and ideas.
- Interact with colleagues in biology, pharmacology, and DMPK groups.
- Analyze SAR according to biological, pharmacological and toxicological findings.
- Prioritize the chemistry efforts to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment to meet group and company goals.
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts in process chemistry and CMC groups.
- Assist in the preparation of patents, publications, and project planning.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Relates to employees and management in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning: Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Communication Skills: The ability to convey both written and verbal information effectively and efficiently.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth: Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Detail-Oriented: Follows precise procedures and demonstrates thoroughness in performing job tasks and assignments.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry
- Sound knowledge of organic chemistry principles
- Work efficiently and productively in a highly dynamic team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
Research Summary (if applicable)
Enanta Pharmaceuticals has used its robust, chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to become a leader in the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of viral infections and liver diseases. Two protease inhibitors, paritaprevir and glecaprevir, discovered and developed through Enanta’s collaboration with AbbVie, have now been approved in jurisdictions around the world as part of AbbVie’s direct-acting antiviral (DAA) regimens for the treatment of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, including the U.S. marketed regimens MAVYRET™ (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir) and VIEKIRA PAK® (paritaprevir/ritonavir/ombitasvir/dasabuvir).
Enanta is located in Watertown, MA, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. We offer a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive employee benefits package. For more details, see our Careers page.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.