We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist of Medicinal Chemistry (job title depends on experience). The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate and proactive with a background in early drug discovery.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and synthesize target molecules.
- Interpret experimental observations and results.
- Analyze SAR based on available data.
- Engage proactively in brainstorming for creative ideas.
- Scale-up samples for in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Work closely with the internal drug discovery teams (analytical group, biology, pharmacology, DMPK and toxicology).
- Assist in managing external research efforts at CROs.
- Explore scalable synthetic routes for potential leads.
- Prioritize research to ensure delivery timelines.
- Draft patent applications and publications.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry.
- Sound knowledge in Organic Chemistry and reaction mechanisms.
- 2-10 years experience as a Medicinal Chemist in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Demonstrated track record of advancing drug discovery projects.
- Extensive experience in structure-based drug design.
- Experience in scale up and early process R&D will be a plus.
- Team oriented attitude: Working as a team member highly valued.
- Working proactively and independently.
- Strong logical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- CV / Resume
- Research Summary (if applicable)
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is using its robust, chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to become a leader in the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of viral infections and liver diseases. Enanta’s research and development efforts are currently focused on the following disease targets: respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)/ primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), and hepatitis B virus (HBV). Please visit www.enanta.com for more information.
Enanta’s research and development activities are currently funded by royalties from HCV products developed under its collaboration with AbbVie. Glecaprevir, a protease inhibitor discovered by Enanta, is now sold by AbbVie in numerous countries as part of its newest treatment for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. This leading HCV regimen is sold under the tradenames MAVYRET™ (U.S.) and MAVIRET™ (ex-U.S.) (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir).
Enanta is located in Watertown, MA, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. We offer a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive employee benefits package. For more details, see our Careers page.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.