Enanta Pharmaceuticals is a chemistry-driven biotech that is experiencing exciting growth. We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate and proactive chemist to perform early drug discovery research alongside our dynamic, proven team of scientifically rigorous medicinal chemists.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design target molecules and perform multi-step synthesis
- Analyze SAR based on preliminary biological data
- Engage proactively in brainstorming and generate creative ideas
- Actively participate in cooperative drug discovery projects
- Work closely with the internal drug discovery teams (analytical group, biology, pharmacology, DMPK and toxicology)
- Assist in managing external research efforts for contract research organization
- Work for developing scalable synthetic route for promising active compounds
- Prioritize research activity to ensure timeline adherence and to meet company’s goal
- Assist in preparing patent applications and publications.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Physical Organic chemistry, or similar is required
- Must have either postdoctoral experience or prior experience working as a medicinal chemist in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated track record of advancing drug discovery projects would be a plus
- Extensive experience in structure-based drug design is required
- Team oriented attitude with a high-value placed on teamwork
- Able to work proactively and independently
- Strong problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- CV / Resume
- Research Summary (if applicable)
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is using its robust, chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to become a leader in the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of viral infections and liver diseases. Enanta’s research and development efforts are currently focused on the following disease targets: respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)/ primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), and hepatitis B virus (HBV). Please visit www.enanta.com for more information.
Enanta’s research and development activities are currently funded by royalties from HCV products developed under its collaboration with AbbVie. Glecaprevir, a protease inhibitor discovered by Enanta, is now sold by AbbVie in numerous countries as part of its newest treatment for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. This leading HCV regimen is sold under the tradenames MAVYRET™ (U.S.) and MAVIRET™ (ex-U.S.) (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir).
Enanta is located in Watertown, MA, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. We offer a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive employee benefits package. For more details, see our Careers page.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
This is a full time position