The Associate Scientist will work with an experienced Ph. D. scientist to conduct drug permeability and liver / intestine / lung / kidney transporter studies in support of Enanta drug discovery programs. She/he will be an integral member of Enanta’s highly collaborative Pharmacology and DMPK/Bioanalysis Department focused on the discovery of novel therapeutics against liver and viral diseases including nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and hepatitis B virus (HBV), etc.
- Conduct in vitro drug permeability and liver/ intestine/lung/kidney transporter studies using varieties of molecular and cell biology techniques, such as RNA extraction, ELISA and RT-PCR, etc
- Critically analyze, interpret, and report experimental results, draw appropriate conclusions and design next steps
- Interact with multidisciplinary teams to meet project goals and timelines
- Communicate critical and significant project information to various bodies including project teams and Enanta leadership
- Write study reports to support IND submission
- B. Sc. in Biology or closely related field
- Desire to learn new techniques and participate in cutting-edge projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively in a team setting/matrix-type organization
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities
- Hands-on experience with varieties of molecular and cell biology techniques, such as RNA extraction, ELISA and RT-PCR, etc
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Relates to employees and management in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning: Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Communication Skills: The ability to convey both written and verbal information effectively and efficiently.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth: Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Detail-Oriented: Follows precise procedures and demonstrates thoroughness in performing job tasks and assignments.
How to Apply
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- CV / Resume
- Research Summary (if applicable)
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is using its robust, chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to become a leader in the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of viral infections and liver diseases. Enanta’s research and development efforts are currently focused on the following disease targets: respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), and hepatitis B virus (HBV). Please visit www.enanta.com for more information.
Enanta’s research and development activities are currently funded by royalties from HCV products developed under its collaboration with AbbVie. Glecaprevir, a protease inhibitor discovered by Enanta, is now sold by AbbVie in numerous countries as part of its newest treatment for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. This leading HCV regimen is sold under the tradenames MAVYRET™ (U.S.) and MAVIRET™ (ex-U.S.) (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir).
Enanta is located in Watertown, MA, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. We offer a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive employee benefits package. For more details, see our Careers page.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
This is a full time position