PROGRAM & POSITION SUMMARY
CYO Camp and Retreat Center offers residential camping adventures and retreat opportunities to youth and adults year-round. CYO Camp and Retreat Center reaches out to people of all backgrounds throughout the greater Bay Area including the most economically impacted and underserved urban areas.
CYO Camp Outdoor Environmental Education and Caritas Creek at CYO Camp offer residential camping adventures and environmental education opportunities to schools from the Bay Area.
The OEE Site Director coordinates the program week for CYO Camp OEE and Caritas Creek at CYO Camp. The OEE Site Director presents the pre and post-camp program information at participating schools for students, teachers, and parents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and communicate all aspects of the OEE schedules, programs weeks and school visit information to all Program staff and CYO Camp departments.
- Maintain professional communication with all participating schools and assist with addressing the needs of each school with the Program Management.
- Schedule and prepare the pre and post camp school programming visits. Maintain a calendar of scheduled visits under the direct supervision of the Program Management.
- Assist with the scheduling of all OEE program schedules for schools.
- Promote and implement the core philosophical and educational tenants OEE programs.
- Assist and support with the supervision of all students, either in large groups or individually, according to the Behavior Management plan of CYO Camp and Retreat Center.
- Provide resources and support for all Program Naturalists.
- Facilitate large group evening and daytime activities.
- Create continuity with schools while on site through daily contact and debriefing with teachers, cabin leaders, students and staff.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the Program Naturalist as needed.
- Provide leadership for staff during OEE weeks to maintain focus and morale.
- Act as a vital link in the communication process in emergency situations.
- On an as needed basis, be responsible for the orientation of Cabin Leaders and oversee the total development of the positive cabin life experience for students.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Environmental Studies, Science or related disciplines.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in residential Outdoor Environmental Education programs.
- Prior experience working within a large structured program team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Committed to the mission of Catholic Charities of San Francisco and be able to implement this mission through all camp programs and interpret this mission and purpose to our guests.
- Capable of establishing and maintaining harmonious relationships with staff, guests, alumni and the general public.
- Must possess excellent writing and public speaking skills and exceptional management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of program design and implementation, child development and appropriate curriculum.
- An understanding of Faith based youth, social services and Parish Community Life.
- Support the OEE Team and established structure while overseeing the implementation of age appropriate programming models that are innovative and youth centered.
- Ability to work cooperatively with Peer Leaders.
- Motivated self-starter who is outgoing, flexible and able to manage multiple projects accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to observe camper and staff behavior, assess its appropriateness and enforce the established safety and emergency operating procedures. Communicate possible violations of such to the CYO Camp and Retreat Center Leadership and immediate supervisor
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Department or Program: CYO Camp
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Union status: Non-union
Fingerprinting clearance: Required
TB Screening: Not required
First Aid Certificate: Standard First Aid required
COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination: Required
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs