Providing comprehensive services for the entire project lifecycle, we deliver solutions to help clients save money, enhance operations, protect the environment, and achieve sustainable impacts. We are a trusted partner for delivering sustainable solutions through ongoing engagement and continuous improvement. GPTech is a signatory to the Global Compact and supports the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals with an emphasis on providing technical support in the areas of Affordable and Clean Energy; Climate Action; Sustainable Cities and Communities; Clean Water and Sanitation; and Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure.
As a small business, we are proud of our big results. After just 13 years in business, GPTech has successfully supported more than 100 projects for over 30 clients in over 65 countries, with no sign of slowing down. Today, we are one of the world’s leaders in employing innovative energy and engineering solutions to sustainably manage the earth’s resources and meet societal needs. Visit www.greenpoweredtechnology.com for more information.
GPTech is seeking a Sustainable Development Analyst to support GPTech’s Sustainable Development Practice Area and its existing contract vehicles with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and others. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to engage in a range of assignments focused on the achievement of the sustainable development goals of clean energy, clean water, sustainable cities, climate action and industry, innovation, and infrastructure. The position is located in Arlington, VA.
- Research all aspects of project development and financing for proposed sustainable development projects in the energy sector and other development sectors.
- Prepare, review, and analyze sustainable development projects and market reports.
- Provide logistical and technical support on work assignments.
- Collect and analyze project and program information and enter and manage data in spreadsheets and computer models.
- Develop targeted communications (e.g., white papers, fact sheets, research summaries, briefings).
- Facilitate project meetings and/or summarize proceedings.
- Assist in the overall management of the project, including planning, organizing, coordination, program execution, and monitoring.
- Coordinate with clients and stakeholders.
- Contribute to company growth and business development through creating and improving communications products and supporting business capture strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university
- Specific experience pertaining to sustainable development projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Communications for wide-ranging audiences
- Eligibility to work in the United States and obtain a security clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Proficient with software tools for research, analysis, reporting, communications, and collaboration
Ideal candidates for this position will also meet the following qualifications:
- Prior experience in developing-country energy development programs or projects (experience may include work experience with development organizations, governmental or non-governmental entities, study abroad or volunteer experience with multi-national organizations such as Engineers Without Borders)
- Knowledge of overall development and energy-sector challenges, opportunities, and solutions, including, but not limited to, the areas of health, education, water and environmental issues; emissions mitigation or reduction; climate change adaptation and mitigation; and infrastructure reliability and resiliency
- Advanced degree with a focus relevant to this position
- Working fluency in French, Spanish, Arabic, or other language relevant to international development work
Thank you for applying and for your interest in Green Powered Technology. Only qualified candidates selected for further screening will be contacted. Candidates will be evaluated continuously. All are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as employment may be contingent upon a successful background check, security clearance, and/or customer approval.
The physical demands and work environment that are described in this position description are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This position description is a summary of the essential functions and requirements of this position. This document is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties and requirements of the position; at any time, the employee’s manager may assign other duties as related, or as otherwise deemed appropriate and necessary, within the general scope of the role, without the need for additional compensation.
Green Powered Technology is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons, in all facets of the employment process. Green Powered Technology prohibits the discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This is a non-management position
This is a regular full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs