Voted a Top San Diego Workplace for three consecutive years (2016 – 2018), Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company, is an investment management firm seeking an Operations Specialist for our Solana Beach Office. Gurtin is a leader is the municipal asset class with combined municipal assets of $38B AUM as of December 31, 2018. We are seeking an entrepreneurial, motivated candidate to join our premiere client service team, which annually receives the highest ratings from our impressive client list of top RIA’s and ultra-high net worth investors. This entry-level position will join our Client Service team acting as liaison between the firm, its’ clients, and the investment advisors.
Reporting to the Head of Cash Management Services, the Operations Specialist will primarily be responsible for a variety of tasks including: processing critically important money movements and assisting with opening and maintaining new accounts, working towards the team’s goal of deepening the trust our clients have placed in the firm. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who is heavily detail-oriented, highly organized and demonstrates exceptionally strong communication skills. With strong training and mentorship from our experienced staff, the professional will have an opportunity for career growth in our dynamic team that we describe as the "gold standard" in client service.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Process and document, in an accurate and timely manner, future day wire transfer requests received from clients by email, phone, or fax, while adhering to all wire processing quality and operational controls
- Authenticate outgoing wire requests by validating the initiator and confirming wire transfer specifics with an authorized representative of the account via phone
- Communicate directly with clients regarding the expected timing of fund availability and deadlines for outgoing wires, along with monitoring wire processing status and confirming wire completion
- Communicate cash needs of client to Portfolio Management
- Audit prior day wire transaction processing to ensure compliance with internal controls and update money movement audit report.
- Assist with mutual fund operations
- Confirm receipt of incoming funds with clients on a daily basis
- Prepare client paperwork including custodial transfer forms and client agreements
- Actively manage and update procedure manual for wire transfer processes and controls
- Assist, coordinate, and document all aspects of the new account opening process, including, but not limited to, pre-filling new account custodial paperwork and investment management agreements, confirming accurate completion of client documents, regularly communicating with custodians to assure accuracy of account set up, tracking the status of new accounts, documenting and maintaining client information using CRM applications
- Interface with various teams within the firm – including firm management – to resolve and follow up on client requests and issues, as well as provide support on special projects, including online client portal updates, marketing material preparation, and firm publication formatting
- Help efficiently develop, document and maintain firm processes and procedures
- Participate in quarterly client reporting process
- Address and resolve general client service requests such as website access, account changes, reporting inquiries, and updating interested parties
- Assist in general administrative duties such as answering phones, directing phone calls, and maintaining readily accessible files, as well as assisting with additional duties as needed
- BA/BS with a strong academic record
- High degree of accuracy, detail orientation and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to take direction from multiple parties, work independently, balance multiple deadlines, and remain detail oriented and well organized while handling multiple assignments simultaneously
- Mature, innovative, self-starter with a strong aptitude to learn, willingness to take ownership of areas of responsibility, and strong desire to successfully see tasks from start to finish
- High level of professionalism, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a “client first” attitude
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to work effectively in and contribute to a dynamic, fast paced team environment
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with CRM preferred
- This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion.
- There will be <15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull on this job.
Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company, is an investment management firm founded on a simple premise: Do what you do best, and never settle. Serving high and ultra-high net-worth individuals, we provide focused expertise in managing investment-grade municipal portfolios that generate tax-free income. As of December 31, 2018, combined municipal assets under management across Gurtin and PIMCO totaled $38 billion.
Recognized as a “Top Workplace” for the past three years in a row by the San Diego Union-Tribune, we offer a unique culture that combines the casual and collaborative work environment of the West Coast with the intensity, sophistication, and professionalism of Wall Street, and are always looking to invest in talented individuals who will excel at Gurtin. (Learn more about the Top Workplace award and selection methodology.)
Department: Client Service
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position