Voted a Top San Diego Workplace for three consecutive years (2016 – 2018) as well as a "Best Place to Work for Financial Advisors 2018" by InvestmentNews, Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company, is seeking a Marketing Analyst in our San Diego office. This is an exciting time to join the Gurtin team given our recent partnership with PIMCO, one of the premier fixed income managers in the country with 14 offices worldwide and $1.7 trillion AUM. We have joined forces to become the leader in the municipal asset class with combined municipal assets of $38B as of December 31, 2018.
Marketing is responsible for building the Gurtin brand and fueling asset growth through strategic communication and outreach to clients, prospects, influencers, and the media. This team plays an essential role in the success of the firm as they collaborate with all business areas to effectively communicate the firm’s unique value proposition.
Specifically, the Marketing Analyst will contribute to a breadth of projects with the primary responsibilities of increasing brand awareness and creating on-brand marketing materials that help to grow and strengthen the network of investment advisors and family offices that have approved Gurtin’s strategies for their clients.
Gurtin's Analyst Program is designed to take a personalized approach to training and development. While you will join the Marketing team, you will also be exposed to a breadth of training and development across all departments to holistically teach you the investment management business.
The Marketing Analyst role is targeted to recent college graduates who feel our Marketing department could be a strong fit for their career interests and aspirations and could benefit from broad cross-department financial industry training. We are looking for highly motivated and innovative individuals with outstanding records of personal and academic success, strong interest in the financial markets, and intellectual curiosity. Joining Gurtin as an analyst provides the opportunity to be on the ground floor of a fast growing technologically advanced asset management firm offering a collegial, employee-centric work environment, potential for career advancement, and merit-based compensation.
Principal Responsibilities of Marketing Role:
Research and Analysis
- Research the market, industry, competitors, clients, registered investment advisor (RIA) partners, separately managed accounts (SMAs), mutual funds, and strategies and consolidate information into actionable items, reports, and presentations
- Measure and report the effectiveness of marketing strategies and programs
- Create new marketing materials that contribute to the firm’s thought leadership, lead nurture, and client education
- Update and reimagine existing marketing collateral, incorporating research findings as well as current and prospective client feedback
- Develop compelling presentations for webinars, speaking engagements, and client meetings, working closely with senior management and members of the Investment Research & Strategy and Advisory Services teams
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day social media activities
- Identify and coordinate opportunities to increase brand awareness (including potential awards, partnerships, speaking engagements, events, and conferences)
- Work closely with the client-facing Advisory Services team to ensure team members are recording necessary data within the CRM system, and correct CRM data as needed to maintain the accuracy and completeness of records
- Maintain up-to-date qualitative data in third-party investment databases
- Maintain a library of marketing materials, responses to investment advisors’ due diligence questionnaires (DDQs) and requests for information (RFIs), and curated images
- Assist with coordinating marketing campaigns with sales team efforts
Expected Skills Developed in Rotational Training Program:
In addition to responsibilities on the Marketing team, the Analyst will concurrently participate in a rotational training program to receive more varied training. The Analyst will develop skills and gain a better understanding of Gurtin’s systems and processes by training with the Investment, Research & Strategy team as well as the Client Service team. The length of the Rotational Training Program will depend on the individual training needs and can be adjusted at any time, but typically lasts approximately 2 – 3 months.
Training Rotation Team: Fourth Pillar, Investment Research & Strategy
Expected Skills Developed:
- Sound knowledge of common client & prospect deliverables and analyses; and
- Extensive knowledge of Gurtin investment strategies, including how the strategies are positioned to clients & prospects.
Training Rotation Team: Credit Research, Investment Research & Strategy
Expected Skills Developed:
- Broad municipal credit knowledge; and
- Extensive knowledge of the Credit Research Database.
Training Rotation Team: Client Service, Operations
Expected Skills Developed:
- Full understanding of the Gurtin RIA servicing model;
- Broad understanding of the new account opening and money movements processes; and,
- Base-level knowledge of the billing process.
- BA/BS degree with a concentration in Economics, Finance, or Marketing preferred
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Industry knowledge or experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to effectively and simply communicate complex investment concepts while exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Solid communication/presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company, is an investment management firm founded on a simple premise: Do what you do best, and never settle. Serving high and ultra-high net worth individuals, we provide focused expertise in managing investment-grade municipal portfolios that generate tax-free income. As of December 31, 2018, combined municipal assets under management across Gurtin and PIMCO totaled $38 billion. Recognized as a “Top Workplace” for the past three years in a row by the San Diego Union-Tribune, we offer a unique culture that combines the casual and collaborative work environment of the West Coast with the intensity, sophistication, and professionalism of Wall Street, and are always looking to invest in talented individuals who will excel at Gurtin. (Learn more about the Top Workplace award and selection methodology.)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Gurtin Municipal Bond Management