Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company, is an investment management firm seeking a New Accounts Associate for our Solana Beach Office. Gurtin is a leader is the municipal asset class with combined municipal assets of $41B AUM as of September 30th, 2019. We are seeking a motivated candidate to join our premiere client service team, which annually receives the highest ratings from our impressive client list of top RIA’s and ultra-high net worth investors. This is an exciting time to join the Gurtin team given our recent partnership with PIMCO, one of the premiere fixed income managers in the country with 14 offices worldwide and $1.8 trillion AUM, which provides opportunity for exposure to complex integration projects and career advancement.
The Client Service/New Accounts Associate (CSA) will report to the Head of Account Implementation and will act as liaison between the firm, its’ clients, and the investment advisors. The Associate will primarily be responsible for a variety of tasks including: fulfilling new account administration initiated by Clients and Advisors, maintaining client information using CRM applications, and working towards the team’s goal of deepening the trust our clients have placed in the firm. We are seeking an energetic team player with exceptional communication skills, who is experienced with on-boarding high net worth clients and actively working with custodial platforms. With strong training and mentorship from our experienced staff, the professional will have an opportunity for career growth in our dynamic team that we describe as the "gold standard" in client service.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Assist, coordinate, and document all aspects of the new account opening process including pre-filling new account custodial paperwork and investment management agreements, confirming accurate completion of client documents, and reviewing account set up for accuracy.
- Communicates progress and confirms task completion to Clients and Advisors.
- Document and maintain information using CRM applications including client data, portfolio records, & reporting.
- Takes initiative in problem solving to resolve higher-level account complications and sensitive client interactions.
- Efficiently assists team in development, documentation and maintenance of firm processes and procedures.
- Interface with various teams within the firm – including firm management – to resolve and follow up on client requests and issues, as well as provide support as needed.
- Assist in general administrative duties such as answering phones, directing phone calls, and duties as needed.
- BA/BS with a strong academic record
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Client Service arena or within financial services
- High degree of accuracy, detail orientation and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to take direction from multiple parties, work independently, balance multiple deadlines, and remain detail oriented and well organized.
- Mature, innovative, self-starter with a strong aptitude to learn, willingness to take ownership of areas of responsibility, and strong desire to successfully see tasks from start to finish.
- High level of professionalism, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a “client first” attitude
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to work effectively in and contribute to a dynamic, fast paced team environment
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company, is an investment management firm founded on a simple premise: Do what you do best, and never settle. Serving high and ultra-high net-worth individuals, we provide focused expertise in managing investment-grade municipal portfolios that generate tax-free income. As of September 30th, 2019, combined municipal assets under management across Gurtin and PIMCO totaled $41 billion.
Recognized as a “Top Workplace” for the past three years in a row by the San Diego Union-Tribune, we offer a unique culture that combines the casual and collaborative work environment of the West Coast with the intensity, sophistication, and professionalism of Wall Street, and are always looking to invest in talented individuals who will excel at Gurtin. (Learn more about the Top Workplace award and selection methodology.)
Department: Client Service
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position