Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO Company, is seeking a professional to join our gold standard Client Service team in the role of Senior Client Service and Operations Specialist in our San Diego Office. Voted a Top San Diego Workplace for three consecutive years (2016-2018) as well as a "Best Place to Work For Financial Advisors 2018" by Investment News, Gurtin is an entrepreneurial and collaborative workplace. This is an exciting time to join the Gurtin team given our recent partnership with PIMCO, one of the premier fixed income managers in the country with 14 offices worldwide and $1.8 trillion AUM. We have joined forces to become the leader in the municipal asset class with combined municipal assets of $41B AUM as of September 30th, 2019.
Be rewarded for your ambitious, entrepreneurial spirit, and make a positive impact. Gurtin is seeking a Senior Client Service Associate to join our energetic team responsible for the account servicing and operations of our prestigious high networth client base. As a key contributor to our Client Service team, the Senior CSA will serve as an integral player with the Advisory Services Department acting as liaison between the firm, its’ clients, and their investment advisors. The professional will be cross trained in all departmental functions including: processing critically important money movements, reconciling daily cash and trading accounts, and assisting with opening and maintaining new accounts to solidify the trust our clients have placed in the firm.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Gurtin ambassador: build and maintain positive client relationships
- Manage lifecycle servicing of clients, which may include, but is not limited to, assisting with new account openings, facilitating money movement requests, or providing reporting as requested.
- Perform daily morning reconciliation process and all necessary follow-up on reconciliation, trade and pricing issues
- Input and maintain accurate lot cost basis
- Provide client reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc basis
- Assist with custodial document reconciliation requests
New Account Opening:
- Assist, coordinate, and document all aspects of the new account opening process, including, but not limited to, pre-filling new account custodial paperwork and investment management agreements, confirming accurate completion of client documents, regularly communicating with custodians to assure accuracy of account set up, tracking the status of new accounts, documenting and maintaining client information
- Audit prior day wire transaction processing to ensure compliance with internal controls and prepare internal cash management systems for processing of the current day’s wire transaction.
- Process and document in an accurate and timely manner wire transfer requests received from clients by email, phone, or fax, while adhering to all wire processing quality and operational controls.
- Confirm receipt of incoming funds and authenticate outgoing wire requests by validating the initiator and confirming wire transfer specifics with an authorized representative of the account via phone.
- Communicate directly with clients regarding the expected timing of fund availability and deadlines for outgoing wires, along with monitoring wire processing status and confirming wire completion.
- Interface with various teams within the firm – including senior management – to resolve and follow up on client requests and issues, as well as provide support on special projects, including online client portal updates, internal systems updates, etc.
- Periodically review and update process documentation for your workflows to assure that they are current, accurate and complete
- Develop new team processes and proactively seek to improve existing team workflows by refining and implementing changes to existing procedures
- Grow knowledge and skills with the goal of providing oversight, expertise in and ownership of key team processes
- Assist in general administrative duties such as answering phones, directing phone calls, and maintaining readily accessible files, as well as assisting with additional duties as needed.
- BA/BS with a strong academic record
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of work experience in Financial Services; working knowledge of Operations and Client Service preferred
- High degree of accuracy, detail orientation and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to take direction from multiple parties, work independently, balance multiple deadlines, and remain detail oriented and well organized while handling multiple assignments simultaneously
- Mature, innovative, self-starter with a strong aptitude to learn, willingness to take ownership of areas of responsibility, and strong desire to successfully see tasks from start to finish
- High level of professionalism, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a “client first” attitude
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to work effectively in and contribute to a dynamic, fast paced team environment
- Experience in using a portfolio accounting system is required. Working knowledge of Advent APX or APL is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- This job requires employee to sit for approximately 6-7 hours a day and use a keyboard and mouse for repetitive motion.
- There will be <15 lbs. to lift, push, or pull on this job.
Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company, is an investment management firm founded on a simple premise: Do what you do best, and never settle. Serving high and ultra-high net-worth individuals, we provide focused expertise in managing investment-grade municipal portfolios that generate tax-free income. As of September 30th, 2019, combined municipal assets under management across Gurtin and PIMCO totaled $41 billion.
Recognized as a “Top Workplace” for the past three years in a row by the San Diego Union-Tribune, we offer a unique culture that combines the casual and collaborative work environment of the West Coast with the intensity, sophistication, and professionalism of Wall Street, and are always looking to invest in talented individuals who will excel at Gurtin. (Learn more about the Top Workplace award and selection methodology.)
Department: Client Service
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Gurtin Municipal Bond Management