Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company is seeking an Investment Content Manager in our Solana Beach office. This is an exciting time to join the Gurtin team given our recent partnership with PIMCO, one of the premier fixed income managers in the country.
This role will focus on promoting muni thought leadership and increasing brand awareness, to grow and strengthen the network of investment advisors and family offices that have approved Gurtin’s strategies for their clients. Specifically, the Investment Content Manager will be responsible for collaborating with PIMCO and Gurtin’s Marketing, Investment Research and Strategy, Portfolio Management, and Compliance teams to manage, edit, and create a breadth of communications, including blog posts, research reports, white papers, social media content, and website content.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative individual with outstanding records of personal and academic success, strong interest in the financial markets, and intellectual curiosity. Gurtin provides the opportunity to be on the ground floor of a fast-growing technologically advanced asset management firm, while working in a collegial, employee-centric work environment, with the potential for career advancement, and merit-based compensation.
Principal Responsibilities of Investment Content Manager Role:
- Establish and maintain publishing processes (including drafting and approval) for thought leadership and marketing materials
- Facilitate the movement of thought leadership and marketing materials through the drafting and approval processes, coordinating with relevant stakeholders each step of the way
- Contribute to the quarterly content plan
- Maintain Gurtin’s editorial calendar
- Manage content version control and internal distribution
- Track industry trends and audit Gurtin credit research and investment management meetings to identify potential content ideas
- Conceive of potential thought leadership pieces for collaboration between PIMCO and Gurtin
- Assist authors in establishing compelling angles for thought leadership and marketing materials
- Draft creative briefs and outlines as needed for presentation to relevant stakeholders
- Serve as a member of a cross-firm working group focused on municipal bond-focused thought leadership
- Edit drafted thought leadership pieces and marketing materials
- Serve as a “gatekeeper” for thought leadership and marketing materials
- Check for consistency of voice and brand
- Keep a record of off-brand topics and messages to ensure avoidance
- Ensure inclusion of accurate reference sources for statistics included in thought leadership pieces and marketing materials
- Adhere to compliance requirements across all thought leadership pieces and marketing materials
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Bonus opportunities are at the discretion of management.
- BA/BS degree with a concentration in Economics, Finance, or Marketing required; masters degree preferred
- Industry knowledge or experience a plus
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to effectively and simply communicate complex investment concepts, while exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company, is an investment management firm founded on a simple premise: Do what you do best, and never settle. Serving high and ultra-high net-worth individuals, we provide focused expertise in managing investment-grade municipal portfolios that generate tax-free income. As of June 30, 2019, combined municipal assets under management across Gurtin and PIMCO totaled $40 billion. Recognized as a Top San Diego Workplace for three consecutive years (2016 – 2018) by the San Diego Union-Tribune and a "Best Place to Work for Financial Advisors 2018" by InvestmentNews, Gurtin offers a unique culture that combines the casual and collaborative work environment of the West Coast with the intensity, sophistication, and professionalism of Wall Street. We are always looking to invest in talented individuals who will excel at Gurtin. (Learn more about the Top Workplace award and selection methodology.)
Department: Investment Research & Strategy
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position