POSITION TITLE: Retail Store Assistant Manager
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full Time
This position has a starting pay of $19.50 per hour.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Store staff, consumers and volunteers in the absence of Manager
- Manage the intake and processing of donations
- Supervise team members to achieve daily production and sales goals.
- Maintain inventory quality standards; set standards for each department.
- Participate in interviews for new employees
- Train employees in proper work habits, job responsibilities, and policies/procedures.
- Advise Manager of issues identified through store and safety checklists
- Maintain required sales, inventory, personnel, and supply records.
- Accurately complete and submit payroll records.
- Review and analyze data on a regular basis to determine effectiveness of sales/donation methods and procedures.
- Maintain displays and utilize all marketing tools as directed
- Support maintenance of facility and grounds
- Follow and enforce loss prevention and safety procedures at all times.
- Ensure a safe work environment.
- Attend management meetings as requested.
- Back up any position in the store as needed to accomplish goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of (3) three years’ experience in increasingly responsible supervisory/management position. Prior experience in a donated goods environment desirable.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Good math skills.
- Able to supervise and train employees.
- Ability to handle and resolve customer inquiries and complaints tactfully and professionally.
- Able to positively influence and motivate staff.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook at Strong Basic to intermediate level. Typing speed of not less than 45 WPM.
- Experience in budget control, cash management, and basic fiscal controls preferred.
- Good communication skills, both in writing, and orally.
- Able to lift up to and including 50 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation
- Must have access to a vehicle, current driver’s license, and California auto insurance.
- Must have access to a phone to receive emergency and coverage calls.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to low level noise. Temperate climate. Overhead lighting. Interaction with the general public. May be exposed to moderate levels of dust.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous bending, stooping, stretching, walking with mobility throughout the store. Continuous simple grasping. Frequent to continuous fine finger movement to operate cash register and computer. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, with or without accommodation. Continuous speech and visual skills required. Occasional vehicle travel.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Store Manager
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: Retail Stores
This is a management position
This is a full-time position