Ready for a life-changing career? Ready to work with a great team that is able to help so many people in our communities. Look no further than a career with Hospice of Havasu, this is an organization where your great care and compassion will make a difference every day.
Hospice of Havasu is serving more patients and families each day, and we are now adding to our all of our teams. If this is what you are looking for, come join our caring team!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
- This position is responsible for providing end-of-life hospice services under the direction of the Clinical Services Manager ensuring that nursing needs are met as identified in the patient’s initial, comprehensive and updated assessments. The RN will provide comprehensive skilled -nursing care with-in his/her scope of practice according to techniques and established standards to maximize the comfort of the terminally ill patient in the home or facility setting. This position carries supervisory responsibilities.
- Ensure that Hospice philosophy of care as defined by state and federal regulations is appropriately implemented.
- Provide assessments and nursing care in patient’s residence; administer treatments and medication in accordance with accepted standards; provide personal assistance, medical attention, and emotional support.
- Provide procedural techniques to evaluate human injuries and diseases including symptom identification and appropriate treatments.
- Maintain accurate, detailed written reports in compliance with policy and federal regulations; in collaboration with the Case Manager modify care plans as indicated by patient responses and changing conditions.
- Observe and provide accurate, timely documentation of nursing measures, medication administration, and changes in patient’s condition.
- Pronounce patient time of death.
- Communicate the patients changing needs and plan of care to the Hospice Physician and team members involved in that care, utilizing minimum necessary use of PHI and conditions of access.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively as part of the team to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Provide education and training to the patient’s primary care giver(s) as appropriate to their responsibilities for the care and services identified in the plan of care.
- Provide services necessary for the palliation and management of the terminal illness and related conditions, including interventions to manage pain and symptoms.
- Carry out physician’s orders accurately.
- Provide care in a respectful, dignified manner as identified in the agency’s Patient’s Right’s statement.
- Implement the Five Rights of Medication Administration: The right patient, the right drug, the right dose, the right route, and the right time.
- Comply with infection control policies and procedures at all times.
- Attend all in-services and IDT meetings as required.
- Practice safety in the workplace
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Advocate for patient’s best interest.
- Keep the Clinical Services Manager fully informed.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Ability to position self to move about, ascend, descend or traverse, transport, operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect or detect, perceive, identify, recognize, observe, inspect and assess are required. Ability to convey, communicate, speak clearly and exchange information, converse with, discern, and express oneself.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from an accredited RN program.
- Current Arizona RN license.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Two years of varied clinical nursing experience; home health or hospice preferred.
- Hospice Philosophy of care; working knowledge of current hospice guidelines.
- Patient’s Rights.
- Understanding of pathology, disease processes, pain, and symptom management.
- Knowledge and support of agency’s safety and OSHA policies.
- Understanding of HIPAA Privacy Standards and related agency policies.
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with agency policies, including but not limited to documentation, continuing education, work schedules and required HR documents, State and Federal policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
- Customer Service Principles.
- Structure and content of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, alphabetization, rules of composition and grammar.
- Calculate general math computations.
- Moderate computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Utilize proper body mechanics and safe working techniques.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution.
- Cope with multiple losses; manage stress in a healthy way.
- Maintain professional boundaries with patients, families, community and staff.
- Work with diverse social and economic situations without imposing own values.
- Sensitivity to others.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Acceptance of diversity.
- Maintain cultural competency and humility.
- Ethical and honest.
- Self-Management with minimal supervision.
- Relate effectively with patients, physicians, community institutions etc.
Department: Clinical Services
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs