The Automotive Sales Associate is directly responsible for selling new and used vehicles and/or leasing services to businesses and individuals at dealership gross profit and customer satisfaction standards. Total satisfaction must be the goal in each sale. This must be done with the intent of making the customer a long term customer, who will continue to use our service and parts department and purchase additional cars in the future from the dealership.
Role and Responsibilities of Automotive Sales Consultant:
- Realize that business is built on customer satisfaction and devote him/her to guaranteeing satisfaction of customers.
- Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking questions and listening.
- Demonstrate vehicles (including test drives).
- Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Keep abreast of incoming inventory, features accessories, etc., and how they benefit customers.
- Work with the service department to ensure that vehicles are reconditioned as expected and on scheduled.
- Attend all sales meetings.
- Maintain a prospect development system.
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of the day, week, month and year to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep abreast of technological changes in the product.
- Call and/or visit prospective customers to stimulate interest in establishing or expanding vehicle purchase and/or leasing programs.
- Keep current and educated on all Manufacturers’ Programs for new and used vehicle departments, including financing programs.
- Keep abreast of new products, incoming inventory, features, accessories, etc.
- Know and understand the principles of trade equity and trade value, and be able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Professional personal appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with VIN solutions a plus
- Basic computer skills
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position