Are you a person who enjoys working within the community? Do you enjoy serving those less fortunate? Have you worked with the homeless population or mentally ill? Are you looking for an entry level opportunity in Human Service or Social Work? If you answered yes, we would love to meet you!
At Shelterhouse, we serve the adult homeless population offering them shelter, food and case management services. So why work here? Let me tell you!
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits for staff*
- A flexible PTO plan that allows you to take time when you need it*
- Generous retirement plan with 100% vesting from day 1*
- A challenging work environment that will keep you on your toes and ensure you are never bored
- A rewarding career that allows you to give back to your community
- A great entry level job that will help you gain experience in various areas of Social Services
What do we want from you?
- A desire to work with the homeless population
- Dependability. We are open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We only want dependable, flexible people to help our organization go ‘round.
- Team player. We work with small groups of co-workers, we need everyone to pull their weight and help make the facility operate.
- Empathy. We serve people from various walks of life, with very different circumstances that lead them to homelessness. We need employees that are judgement free and can show empathy for all situations.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to work with computers
- Must be able to walk/stand for long period of time
Check us out on the web! http://www.shelterhousecincy.org
*Review Employee Handbook for eligibility and restrictions
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position