The accountant performs moderately complex payroll processing work. Work involves processing payrolls, preparing and maintaining payroll records and reports. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Processes and reviews automated and manual employee payrolls in compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Enters, updates and retrieves information from various automated, human resources, and/or payroll systems.
- Maintains appropriate payroll processing controls and assists with setups of deductions, garnishments, voluntary deductions, termination, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificates (W-4's), and direct deposits, including returned monies and payment cancellations.
- Researches reconciliation discrepancies and reports findings.
- Prepares reports such as Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement; the Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return (IRS Form 941); And unemployment wages for submission to various state and federal agencies.
- Answers questions and resolves issues related to payroll matters.
- Keeps abreast of legislative changes which affect the payroll cycle
- Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and payroll principles, practice and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and automated accounting systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply accounting theory to transactions; to work accurately with numerical detail; and to analyze, consolidate and interpret accounting data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and telephone skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Financial and Procurement software.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information, to review payroll accounting records, and to communicate.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting is generally preferred
- 2 years working payroll experience. Preferred
Hours: M-F, 8AM-5PMSalary: $32,000 Annually/$15.385 Hourly
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 110 South 12th Street Waco, Texas 76701
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position