As a Transporter, position is responsible for coordinating with Clinical Assistants, LCDCs, Therapists, Case Managers and Supervisors regarding the transportation needs of Behavioral Health Services and Substance Use Services. Individual will provide transport for consumer and consumer families (adults and/or children), utilizing a Center van or car, to counseling, case management, psychiatric, medical, and probation appointments. As needed, transportation will be provided to regional in-patient psychiatric hospitals as well. Time not spent transporting will be utilized to provide assistance to Administrative Support staff (e.g., taking vitals, filing, organizing).
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Works with Clinical Assistants, LCDCs, Therapists, Case Managers and Supervisors in coordinating transportation services.
- Provides transportation for consumers and/or consumers and their families.
- Provides transportation to Psychiatric Hospitals as needed.
- Assistance to Administrative Support Staff and other program areas as needed
- Performs related work as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Travel to consumer homes, school, and other community settings about 50% of time
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience transporting individuals Preferred
- Valid Driver's License and proof of Liability Insurance Required
Hours: Mon 5:30P-9:30P, Tues and Wed 8:30A-9:30P, Thurs 8:00A-9:00P
Salary: $24,000 Annual/$11.5384 Hourly
Location: 2200 Austin Ave Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position