The Psychiatrist will be doing evaluations in making determinations of appropriate diagnosis, medical necessity of services, and need for inpatient hospitalization to a full caseload of Adults with severe and persistent mental illness in an efficient & effective manner, for the purpose of improving patient quality of life. Participates in the development of medical policy and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of psychiatric principles and methods; and procedures in the field of general medicine; and of the principles of the development, implementation and documentation of individualized care and treatment plans.
- Skill in the care and treatment of patients and their families; in the use of medical and psychiatric diagnostic and treatment tools and equipment; and in relating to other medical and non-medical service providers.
- Ability to examine, diagnose, and treat psychiatric conditions, to interpret psychological diagnoses and analyses; and to prepare and supervise the preparation of medical records.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel as needed.
- Must be proficient in computer usage and electronic health records
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Psychiatrist is licensed to practice medicine in Texas plus completion of residency approved by Accredidation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or equivalent
- Psychiatrist has graduated from an accredited medical school with Doctorate's degree in medicine (MD/DO) is required
- Psychiatrist is active DPS/DEA Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Requires 2 years work experience in the field of psychiatrics
- Prior experience as psychiatrist in outpatient and/or impatient setting
Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM (Monday - Friday) Full
Salary Negotiable depending on license and experience
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 110 S 12th St. Waco, TX
Department: Mayberry Clinic
This is a full time position