PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR (PLS)
Abaci Consulting, Inc. is seeking a full-time Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) to join our team in Grimes, Iowa. This position will oversee land survey, residential site plan, and subdivision platting projects in the Des Moines metro and throughout Central Iowa under the direction of the Land Survey Director.
Not the right position for you? View our other openings at www.abaciconsulting.com
- Establish plans to ensure efficiency and quality on preliminary and final land survey projects
- Research of land records and deeds
- Manage and assist survey crews conducting survey activities, including but not limited to boundary surveys, plat of surveys, and rural subdivisions
- Prepare legal descriptions
- Prepare bids/proposals for land survey projects
BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS
- Iowa license as a Professional Land Surveyor
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Land Surveying/Civil Engineering Technology/Math
- Valid driver's license and insured
- Must be able to work in all kinds of weather and be able to routinely carry 40 pounds over uneven terrain
- Occasionally lift up to 80 pounds
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES SOUGHT
- Previous project management experience preferred
- Mentor staff, ability to direct projects with minimal supervision
- Maintain relationships with clients, government representatives, contractors, and vendors
Abaci Consulting offers a full suite of benefits to supplement a decidedly competitive salary.
Mark McMurphy, PE, PLS, is the President and CEO of Abaci Consulting, Inc. He has directed the company from the outset and has over 30 years of site civil experience in Central Iowa. Our mission is to enhance our community through civil engineering and land surveying services. We value our client's success, their time and budget and deliver service with honesty, integrity and teamwork.
To learn more, visit www.abaciconsulting.com
This is a full time position