ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd. is an award-winning full-service consulting firm dedicated to working with all levels of government and the private sector to deliver planning and design solutions for transportation, water, and land projects.
Our commitment to client success is built on a strong foundation: we know the communities we serve. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project’s life cycle.
ISL Engineering and Land Services is proud to be among Canada’s 30 most environmentally-conscious employers as well as a Platinum Level Small and Medium Best Employer in Canada. ISL supports diversity and is an employment equity employer.
ISL offers opportunities for career development, an employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP program and competitive salaries with opportunities for an annual bonus.
ISL's Landscape Architecture team handles all aspects of an assignment from site assessments, community visioning, concept development, master planning, presentation materials, environmental impact analysis, detailed contract drawings, and contract management. Every assignment begins with an integrated, idea-driven, collaborative design process that leads to a balance between the vision and the opportunities of the site. From regional to site specific, urban to rural to natural, the company’s talented landscape architects and designers create unique, client driven, high quality solutions that are user focused and sustainable.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Junior / Intermediate Landscape Architect to join our Calgary team. This is a great opportunity to grow your career and gain immediate professional growth, development and advancement in our expanding young team. We provide a diverse and challenging work experience in an energetic team-oriented and collaborative atmosphere of Landscape Architects, Urban Designers, Engineers, Planners and Environmental Biologists. The successful applicant will have a deep understanding of design, be a proficient writer, technically savvy and have construction administration experience.
Responsibilities may include:
- Prepare design deliverables including technical drawings for a variety of public and private sector projects
- Cost estimation, tendering, and production of contract documentation
- Management of contract administration and related tasks
- Assisting with or managing, contract administrative services
- Preparation of reports and documents
- Preparation of proposals, graphics or other materials for marketing purposes
- Assistance with project management tasks
- Other related Landscape Architectural project tasks as assigned
- Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution, with eligibility for registration as an AALA (Associate)
- Proficiency using AutoCAD, LandFX, Sketch Up, Indesign, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient and adaptable design skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication (written & oral) skills, required
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to quality
- Self-starter and team player with ability to work with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Possession of a valid Class-5 license and vehicle
- 1-5 years’ related experience preferred
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com
Department: Landscape Architecture
This is a permanent full time position