Be a part of a small office that will give you the opportunity to be involved in local municipal and transportation projects from planning to construction.
- Design calculations and analysis;
- Civil 3D;
- CAD drafting and computer-aided design tasks for municipal engineering including: roadways, water distribution, wastewater collection and pumping, and storm water management;
- Contract document preparation in MMCD format;
- Engineering cost estimating;
- Construction inspections and contract administration
- ASCT designation or diploma in civil engineering technology from an ASTT accredited school;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- 5 to 10 + years BC experience, in the consulting services industry;
- Practical design and construction experience in municipal engineering including roads, drainage, water distribution, sewer, and utilities design;
- Preparation of tender documents including specifications, cost estimating, and special provisions;
- Construction inspection experience;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
- Strong communication and organization skills;
- Familiarity with MMCD standards is required as is experience in a BC consulting environment
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com
This is a permanent full time position