A talented and enthusiastic Human Resources Administrator to join our Human Resources team in the Edmonton office. If you’ve got a great knack for relating to people, are technically savvy, and have a passion for the administration of the day-to-day functions that keep HR running seamlessly, we would like to meet you. This position is “hands on” and supports the Human Resources team in delivering the people strategy for approximately 375 employees in 13 offices. If you love to work in a team environment and believe you can make a positive difference in the lives of employees and the organization, look no further.
- Assist with recruitment activities, creating and uploading job postings to internal and external job boards
- Assist managers with short-listing candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Prepare offer letters
- Delivery of ISL’s Onboarding Program
- Process all documentation and update systems with new hire data
- Benefit administration including assisting with new hire enrollments ensuring successful completion, responding to inquiries, and resolving issues
- Coordinate the performance review process: update annual role assignments and reporting structure
- Process Alberta Job Grant applications
- Generate standard and ad hoc HR reports for management
- Prepare various agreements, letters and other HR correspondence
- Maintain physical and electronic employee records
- Respond to management and staff inquiries in a timely manner
- Other administrative tasks and special projects as assigned
- Completion of a Diploma, Degree or Certificate program in Human Resources
- Two years experience in a Human Resources support role
- Working towards a CPHR designation is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficient using social media
- Working knowledge of Employment Standards
- High attention to detail
- Flexible and positive outlook with a desire and willingness to take on a variety of tasks in a team-focused environment
- Adhere to ethical standards for Human Resources professionals by demonstrating exceptional levels of professionalism, diplomacy, tact, and understanding of confidentiality
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com
Department: Human Resources
This is a non-management position
This is a permanent full time position