A talented and enthusiastic Surveyor with a strong interest and some direct hands-on experience with roads, bridges, and land projects to join our team in the Lethbridge office.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a team of professional engineers and technologists working on a variety of Transportation, Land Development and Structural projects in and around the Lethbridge area, look no further. You will use your knowledge, experience, and on-the-job training to provide civil engineering services for our clients. Project work will range from conceptual design through to construction including daily field work.
- Perform all aspects of preliminary, construction and as-built / topographic surveys
- Perform Civil 3D survey points creation and survey stakeout including: grading, sanitary, storm, water, roadways, and power stakeouts
- Survey control setup and calibration
- Maintain and coordinate company issued survey equipment
- Create DTM surfaces in Civil 3D from topographic surveys and earthworks calculations
- Work with a diverse team of project managers, engineers, planners and technologists to deliver excellent service to our clients
- Completion of various design and drafting tasks for structural, transportation, and land development projects
- Preparation of contract drawings and support with the development of tender specifications
- Assist in the preparation of reports, studies, evaluations and cost estimates
- Assist with or performing periodic field reviews and site visits when required
- Keep up-to-date with market trends, technological changes and evolving professional practices through various means to support projects
- Possess a Technologist Diploma in Civil Engineering, Engineering Design and Drafting or related field (design, etc.) from a recognized institution
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience in structural, transportation, or land development engineering fields
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Excel spreadsheets. Proficiency with other relevant design software programs will be an asset
- Proficiency with Trimble GPS, Trimble Total Robotic Stations, rod/level and Survey Pro or Trimble Access software
- Knowledge of surveying with base and rover and rover using CANNET system
- Perform fieldwork and have a flexible schedule based on project needs (position will include weekend and extended hours during construction season)
- Possess a vehicle and valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License; this must be maintained and is a condition of employment
- Highly organized and able to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Construction Inspection experience will be an asset
- Aerial drone survey experience is considered an asset
- An aptitude for mathematics
- Ability to perceive pertinent detail in objects and drawings
- Professional communication skills
- Physical fitness and endurance required for field work
- Ability to analyze information and find innovative solutions to problems
- Takes a methodical approach to their work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Out of town work will be required
- Increased working hours during the construction season
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com
This is a non-management position
This is a permanent full time position