Intermediate Transportation Design Technologist (Lethbridge, AB)
Wanted: An experienced and creative Transportation Design Technologist to support our growing team. Subject to experience and qualifications, we will consider candidates from Junior level with a drive to progress their career to intermediate level with appropriate and proven experience that can help lead the team towards new highs.
You: Bring a progressive perspective and creative solutions to transportation design problems that support our municipal and provincial client needs to manage their evolving transportation challenges. We want you to provide leading edge solutions that give our clients and the communities we work with the ability to manage their transportation project goals and objectives. Transportation projects will range from concept through detailed design, tender and construction services.
Us: We offer a different experience from many other consultants, we provide a collaborative low-bureaucracy environment where you can flourish and focus on our client’s success. We provide the flexibility and freedom to grow your career the way you want to, which keeps passionate and creative people at the company. We’re big enough to take on most projects but small enough that we know each other. The company regularly gets together every year to share, learn and have a little bit of fun at our staff development seminar. Our project manager retreat gets the leaders of our company together every year to discuss company direction, its success, and of course a little more fun.
Together: If you have a passion to address the evolving transportation needs of our communities, we won’t hold you back! Reporting to the Transportation Manager, the Intermediate Transportation Design Technologist will support the team as required and advance the Transportation Design and Construction discipline at ISL.
How do you define a successful project? If your first thought was ‘A Happy Client’ we'd love to meet you.
- Fulfill role of Transportation Designer on a variety of rural and urban roadway projects.
- Provide engineering design solutions to address project issues and constraints to achieve client project objectives.
- Produce project construction quantity and cost estimates, contract documents and specifications. Knowledge of Alberta Transportation design guidelines and construction specifications considered an asset.
- Support preparation of written materials to document project work including memos, reports, specifications and tender/contract documents.
- Provide support during construction including construction inspections, field reviews, design clarification, record drawings and documentation. Construction experience considered an asset.
- Work in accordance with Quality Management processes, ensure technical quality of deliverables.
- Business development through client meetings, conferences and mixers.
- Provide clear direction and ask for it where necessary.
- Communicate with internal and external clients and partners.
- Participate in office social activities and corporate events.
- Lead by example.
- Attend ISL’s Annual Staff Development Seminar.
- Other duties as appropriate.
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com
This is a permanent full time position