A talented and enthusiastic Municipal / Water Resources Engineer to join our team in the Calgary or Saskatoon office.
ISL’s Water Sector’s Municipal Service Line provides expert assessment, design, construction and commissioning services for water, wastewater and stormwater systems in communities. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professional engineers and technologists, in and around Western Canada the incumbent will utilize their knowledge and experience to deliver a variety of services for our public and private sector clients with a focus on sustainable water systems. Project focus would be on the Southern Saskatchewan and Southern Alberta markets, and the successful candidate may work from either the Calgary office or remotely from Southern Saskatchewan with occasional travel to Calgary. If based in Calgary, project-related travel may also be required to Saskatchewan.
- Planning, analysis and design of urban hydraulic systems (potable water distribution, wastewater collection and stormwater drainage)
- Design of piped systems including setting of grades, establishment of service connections, conflict management, and detailing of structural elements (manholes, control structures, etc.)
- Grading designs for surface drainage works and roadways
- General municipal engineering projects, including infrastructure rehabilitation
- Coordination of CAD design technologists to prepare designs
- Utility coordination and preparation of crossing agreements
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of complex urban drainage systems using state of the art software
- Preparation of engineering reports, documents, and drawings
- Quality management – ensuring quality procedures are followed for drawings and reports
- Preparation of procurement documents including specifications
- Coordination of tendering processes
- Contract administration of projects during construction
- Developing and maintaining ongoing client relationships
- Coordination of construction administration for projects
- Eligibility for registration as a professional engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta and Saskatchewan (candidates may have current registration with either Association, with intent to apply for the other upon starting work)
- Minimum of five years’ experience
- Design and construction administration experience for general municipal engineering projects, particularly infrastructure rehabilitation and replacement
- Utility coordination experience
- Hydraulic modeling experience is an asset
- Familiarity with MS-Office products: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Access etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively liaise with clients
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to quality
- Self-starter and team player with ability to work with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Familiarity with Civil 3D and ArcGIS are strong assets
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com
This is a permanent full time position