A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Building Team works to deliver excellent service for our clients, both internal and external. Committed to finding, mentoring and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- We offer our team members a diverse range of projects on which to hone their skills and are committed to team member career progression
- Together we enjoy a challenge and variety in our work. We pride ourselves on delivering quality service to our clients on each of our projects
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Experience with Revit
- Strong work ethic with a client centric approach
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or independently with limited supervision
Your resume should show us:
- Diploma in Structural or Architectural Technology from an accredited institution
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects accordingly
Bonus points for:
- Practical experience within the construction industry
- Experience in architectural design and presentation
- Experience for road or pedestrian bridge design
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Planner and Teams
- Working knowledge of Sketchup, Navisworks, Civil 3D, 3D max, Infraworks and Dynamo
A Little More About the Role
The successful applicant will be exposed to the entire project lifecycle – from start to finish, you will see the project from conception to completion!
- Structural BIM modelling in coordination with project team members
- Collaboration is key!
- Preparing, reviewing structural deliverables and coordinating deliverables in collaboration with other project team members
- Collaborate and coordinate with other ISL disciplines to meet multi-discipline and client needs
- Cooperate and communicate well with fellow drafters to optimize efficiencies
- Consistently apply drafting standards and policies
- Assist with contract administration to facilitate delivery of our projects
- Actively support Quality Control processes throughout our projects
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with other staff
- Maintain organized project folders consistent with filing standards;
- Maintain and update drafting standards reference materials and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Willingness to learn and carry out new building related or drafting activities such as (but not limited to) preparing specifications, building and development permits, material, building systems research,
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
This is a permanent full time position