Crafting creative solutions to transportation design problems and supporting our municipal and provincial client needs to manage their evolving transportation challenges, you will be involved in both the design process and provide onsite support during construction.
A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Transportation team works collaboratively so that our employees can flourish and focus on our client’s success. We are:
- Flexible – you will have the freedom to grow your career the way you want to
- Learning – we provide fully funded educational opportunities to all staff
- Tight knit – we work together as a team and support each other to get work done
- Fun – regular social activities and weaving fun into the day to day is just what we do!
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Field inspection skills
- Strong work ethic with a client centric approach
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects accordingly
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
Your resume should show us:
- Technologist Diploma in Civil Engineering, Engineering Design and Drafting or related field from an accredited institution with 2+ years experience
- Proficiency in report writing, contracts and tenders
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoTURN, and Civil3D
- Knowledge of TAC and Alberta Transportation design guidelines and construction specifications
- Familiarity with project lifecycle and deliverable requirements for multidiscipline transportation projects
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency in transportation design technologies
- Construction survey and/or materials testing experience
- Alberta experience
A Little More About the Role
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and a team player with an ability and willingness to support projects at a technical level for project success. Travel within Western Canada will be required as you will design and support the construction of projects.
- Adapt to the evolving needs of our clients
- Provide transportation design/drafting support on a variety of rural and urban roadway projects
- Prepare written materials to document project work (memos, reports, specifications, tender/contract documents, etc.)
- Produce project construction quantity and cost estimates
- Provide support during construction including construction inspections, field reviews, design clarification, record drawings and documentation
- Work in accordance with Quality Management processes, ensure technical quality of deliverables
- Business development activities
- Provide clear direction and ask for it where necessary
- Collaborate with internal and external clients and partners
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
This is a permanent full time position