A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Edmonton Survey Team works on a diverse range of Transportation, Municipal, Community Development and Structural projects with cross functional teams to deliver excellence for our clients. Committed to finding, mentoring and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Expertise – elevate your own game by collaborating with some of the best and brightest in the industry
- Learning – we provide fully funded educational opportunities to all staff
- Collaborative – we work together as a team and support each other to get work done
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to building and maintaining relationships with contractors and clients
- Highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment
Your resume should show us:
- A Technologist Diploma in Geomatics or Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 1-year construction survey experience in transportation, municipal servicing, and/or land development, , ideally as a Survey Crew Chief
- Knowledge of surveying with GPS base and rover, GPS rover using CANNET system, rod and level, robotic total station, using Survey Pro or Trimble Access software
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency in processing survey and design data in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Excel
- Construction inspection
- Aerial drone and/or legal survey experience
A Little More About the Role
This role is based in Edmonton and will require travel within Central Alberta. The successful applicant will be working on active construction sites and will need to be prepared for varying weather conditions. Increased working hours during the construction season are to be expected. This position is temporary. However, there is the possibility for full time employment depending on performance, experience, and workload demands.
We are looking for someone with a keen attention to detail and ability to complete quality control check of their own and others’ work. You will require and must maintain a valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License. A company vehicle will be provided.
While no two days are ever the same, what you can expect to be doing in the role is:
- Performing all aspects of preliminary / topographic survey, construction layout survey and as-built survey
- Creating Civil 3D survey points and survey stakeout including grading, sanitary, storm, water, roadways, concrete and electrical stakeouts
- Survey control setup and calibration
- Maintaining and coordinating company issued survey equipment
- Collaborating with a diverse team of project managers, engineers, planners, and technologists to deliver excellent service to our clients
- Working with contractors and clients to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Observing safe work practices to protect the health and safety of yourself, co-workers, and others on active construction sites
- Keeping up to date with market trends, technological changes and evolving professional practices through training and knowledge transfer
- Mentoring and training summer students and survey help from the office
- An aptitude for mathematics
- Ability to perceive pertinent detail in objects and drawings
- Professional communication skills
- Physical fitness and endurance required for field work
- Ability to analyze information and find innovative solutions to problems
- A methodical approach and attention quality in your work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Safety-oriented with care for the health and safety of yourself and others
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Edmonton - Community Development