A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Burnaby Water/Wastewater Team works to deliver excellent service for our clients, both internal and external. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Interesting work – you can expect to be involved in a variety of multi-disciplinary and challenging projects
- Independence – we trust our people and do not micromanage, but also give them the tools and resources to get the job done
- Fun and flexible office environment – we understand the dynamic nature of life, so we offer workplace flexibility to allow of achievement of personal and team goals and have fun doing it
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to managing internal and external client relationships
Your resume should show us:
- Graduate of a degree or diploma program in electrical engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. or E.I.T. with EGBC
- Strong CAD skills
- 4+ years of progressive experience in electrical, controls, and instrumentation design and drafting
- Experience working for a consulting engineering firm
- Experience with AutoCAD or other drafting software
- Familiarity with applicable design codes
- Experience with construction specifications
- Experience with design of process control systems
- PLC Programming and Systems Integration
- Experience with 3D, building information management (BIM) design platforms, and Autodesk Plant 3D
A Little More About the Role
- Electrical, instrumentation and control systems design for infrastructure projects, including pumping stations, water and wastewater treatment plants, streetlighting
- CAD drafting as needed and collaborate with project CAD team to deliver design drawings
- Write relevant technical design reports and construction specifications
- Provide engineering support during construction and commissioning
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Burnaby - Water and Wastewater