A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Team works collaboratively so that our employees can flourish and focus on our client’s success. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Client centric - we are known for our creative approach to problems and provide our clients with innovative, cost effective and award-winning solutions
- Continuous improvement – we are never satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for creative ways to improve and get the job done
- Support - we trust our people and do not micromanage, but also give them the tools, resources, and mentorship for individual and team success
- Fun and flexible office environment – we understand the dynamic nature of life, so we offer workplace flexibility to allow achievement of personal and team goals and have fun doing it
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your desire to join ISL. If your skill set doesn’t match the job description, please explain to us why you are a good fit for our position and company!
- Your approach to problem solving and challenging the ideas of others
- How you balance the needs of internal and external clients and partners
Your resume should show us:
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering and eligible for registration as an E.I.T. with EGBC or P.Eng. designation with registration or eligibility for registration with EGBC
- 7+ years’ experience – title and compensation will reflect years of experience
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency with design software including AutoCAD, Auto Turn, Civil 3D
- Knowledge of project lifecycle and deliverable requirements for multi-discipline transportation projects
- Construction experience and applying MMCD standards
A Little More About the Role
The successful applicant will be exposed to the entire project lifecycle - from planning to concept through detailed design, tender, and construction services. Exposure will be based on experience and individual skill set and career development opportunities.
- Proposal writing, project cost estimating, and timely delivery of successful project proposals
- Project management of projects of all sizes, including scope, schedule, and budget
- Collaborate with multi-discipline project teams and liaison with internal ISL disciplines as well as external sub-consultants to address complex project problems and provide comprehensive project solutions
- Work in accordance with Quality Management processes, ensure technical quality of deliverables, and ensure schedule milestones are achieved
- Liaise with clients and ensure client satisfaction through effective design management
- Fulfill roles of Project Manager / Design Manager and/or Engineer of Record
- Provide engineering design solutions to address project issues and constraints to achieve client project objectives
- Complete designs for urban transportation and underground utility projects
- Produce and review project construction cost estimates, risk registers, contract documents and specifications
- Provide design review during construction through to completion of post-construction drawing records and documentation
- Review third party designs to ensure accuracy and compliance with project as a whole
- Document preparation including memo’s, reports, plans, briefing materials and guidelines
- Develop, guide and mentor staff
- Business development through client meetings, conferences, mixers, and development of appropriate marketing materials
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Vancouver Island - Transportation