A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Team works collaboratively so that our employees can flourish and focus on our client’s success. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Client centric - we are known for our creative approach to problems and provide our clients with innovative, cost effective and award-winning solutions
- Continuous improvement – we are never satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for creative ways to improve and get the job done
- Support - we trust our people and do not micromanage, but also give them the tools, resources and mentorship for individual and team success
- Fun and flexible office environment – we understand the dynamic nature of life, so we offer workplace flexibility to allow achievement of personal and team goals and have fun doing it
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your desire to join ISL. If your skill set doesn’t match the job description, please explain to us why you are a good fit for our position and company!
- Your approach to problem solving and challenging the ideas of others
- How you balance the needs of internal and external clients and partners
Your resume should show us:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Engineering Design Technology with registration (or eligible for registration) as an AScT with ASTTBC or B.Sc. in Civil Engineering and eligible for registration as an E.I.T. with EGBC
- 2+ years’ experience – title and compensation will reflect years of experience
- Proficiency with design software including AutoCAD, Auto Turn, Civil 3D
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of project lifecycle and deliverable requirements for multi-discipline transportation projects
- Construction experience and applying MMCD standards
A Little More About the Role
The successful applicant will have a get it done attitude, an ability and willingness to support projects at a technical level as required for project success.
- Collaborating with internal and external project team members and stakeholders
- Providing design and construction services for a variety of project types across Vancouver Island
- Coordinating with clients, contractors, and third-party stakeholders to facilitate project requirements
- Preparing engineering base plans, designs, drawings, and cost estimates for municipal engineering projects (roadworks, water and wastewater, and storm water management)
- Developing concepts and designs using Civil 3D, CAD, and other computer-aided drafting programs
- Producing design calculations and analysis for storm water and sanitary sewer collection systems
- Assisting in preparing engineering and construction tender documents and contracts
- Inspecting construction of municipal engineering projects
- Providing input into project budgeting and scheduling
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Vancouver Island - Transportation