A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Water Sector’s Municipal Service Line provides expert assessment, design, construction and commissioning services for water, wastewater, and stormwater systems in communities. We are a multi-disciplinary team, providing services in and around Western Canada. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- We offer our team members a diverse range of projects on which to hone their skills and are committed to team member career progression
- Together we enjoy a challenge and variety in our work. We pride ourselves on delivering quality service to our clients on each of our projects
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to collaboration with both internal and external groups
Your resume should show us:
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a C.E.T. with ASET; experienced candidates that are not yet C.E.T. eligible may also be considered
- Diploma in a Civil Engineering Technology program recognized by ASET, or equivalent
- 2-5+ years practical design experience in municipal engineering including roads, drainage, water distribution, sewer, and utilities design
- Proficiency in Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Drafting experience
Bonus points for:
- Infrastructure rehabilitation experience
- Riverbank and/or hydrotechnical drafting experience
A Little More About the Role
Working in collaboration with staff in our Calgary office, but exposed to all other ISL offices, this role will be responsible for:
- Completion of drafting for municipal engineering including roadways, water distribution, wastewater collection, storm water management, and potentially land development projects, using Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Consistently applying drafting standards and policies
- Performing design calculations and analysis
- Collaborating on projects both locally and across ISL disciplines and offices
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Calgary - Municipal
This is a permanent full time position