Our growing Burnaby team is located in a bright new office space, steps from the Gilmore Skytrain Station. If you are interested in an opportunity for professional growth and advancement with diverse and challenging work in an energetic team-oriented atmosphere, we want to hear from you.
A Little About Us
ISL is an award-winning, site service consulting firm comprised of over 400 engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure projects across western Canada. We strive to minimize environmental impact while maximizing community benefit of our work.
We are passionate about developing our people and advancing them along their career path. To enable this, we provide a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and fully funded educational opportunities.
ISL’s Landscape Architecture Team delivers transformative site design solutions. We act as a Design Studio – caring about our projects and crafting our designs. We are committed to design and project service delivery excellence. We are:
- Holistic – we think and work collaboratively to develop multi-disciplinary site design solutions
- Integrated – working within the larger ISL firm gives us an opportunity to work on substantial, complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Diverse – in our backgrounds and talents. We marry technical expertise with creative flair in the design of distinct outdoor spaces
A Little About You
Your cover letter should tell us about your:
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Willingness to professionally learn and grow
- Enthusiasm about the profession and the kind of work that most interests you
- Commitment to design detail and quality
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Your resume and portfolio should show us:
- University degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution
- Registered Landscape Architect with BCSLA
- Experience in the Landscape Architecture profession
- AutoCAD and graphic production skills (Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino, V-Ray, etc.)
- A project portfolio demonstrating design excellence
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the BC market
- At least two years’ experience as a registered Landscape Architect
- Project management experience
A Little More About the Role
The ideal candidate needs to be a team player with a desire to learn and grow their professional skills and their career. Our work is multi-disciplinary and will require the ability to clearly communicate with a variety of internal and external project stakeholders.
While working as a Landscape Architect at ISL you can expect to be involved with:
- Generating concept design, detail and construction drawing packages
- Managing projects of varying scales depending on your background and skills
- Communicating and coordinating with other ISL disciplines, clients, and contractors to deliver a broad range of multi-disciplinary projects
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Burnaby - Landscape Architecture